Bruce Candy (Minelab) White Paper on detecting

That is a good paper discussing the technical aspects and physics of metal detectors.
I have a copy that I refer to when working on improving the designs of my DIY detectors.

Thanks maxxkatt !

Kinda reminds me of the stuff I learned in advanced electronics school when I was training for avionics (aviation electronics) work in the Navy :lol:

But it is interesting to know the whys and wherefores and not just the "how tos" :lol:

Thanks maxxkatt !

Kinda reminds me of the stuff I learned in advanced electronics school when I was training for avionics (aviation electronics) work in the Navy :lol:

But it is interesting to know the whys and wherefores and not just the "how tos" :lol:

Same here. I was an Army (you know the guys that didn't like troop ships) 32G20 Fixed Station Cryptographic Equipment Repairer. Forgot most of it, but retained enough so several years ago I had a hobby of repairing old radios. Tried a few short wave receivers but the area under the chassis was packed and hard to replace all the capacitors. Also found out I had to buy old test equipment to work on old radios. Was fun, but not very profitable.

Speaking of troop ships, there were about 5,000 GI's on the USS General Gordon leaving oakland on our trip to Korea in 1965.

They served us Spaghetti for the first evening meal. Then we hit a storm two hours later. I will not tell you the details, since this is a family forum. An older Army SGT told me to take the top bunk on the ship and I did. I thought he was playing a joke on me because there were pipes in the ceiling that reduced my head room compared to the lower bunks.

But soon I found that puke flows down to the lower bunks so the guys on the lower bunks were not in a good position. Can't complain too much Korea was better duty than Vietnam back then. Trust me very few of us enlisted men wanted to visit Vietnam. God bless you guys that did serve in Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom