Aftermarket coils for the etrac?

Tommyaz

What do you guys think about aftermarket coils? Like sef and NEL and sunray and the like. I bought a 10x12 sef from Kellyco last year and it was a piece of !!!!. Was blind beyond a 3 or 4 in of dirt. Tested it extensively in my test garden and it just didn't perform as well as my 11in pro coil that the etrac came with. Last month I decided to take another chance on a coil, and ordered a 13 in NEL tornado from the Ukraine. And I've only used it a total of about 8-10 hours, a few of which were in the test garden, I was hoping it would detect things at a much deeper distance than the pro coil, as far as I can see, it doesn't. It might be AS good as the pro coil, but I don't think it's better. Only time will tell the true tale. It performed well enough in the test garden for me to actually go hunting with it.

I'm a big fan of the 6x8 SEF. it's lighter than the stock pro coil, balanced well, good separation and depth too. Since I got it, I rarely use the stock coil anymore.
-Jeff

Sunray makes excellent coils for the E-Trac and I have been happy with all I have bought. I'm not a huge SEF fan only because they seem to have spotty quality. Some people get good ones and rave about them, others get ones that ruin the abilities of the machine.

Coiltek has a cooperative agreement with Minelab giving them direct access to information that no other aftermarket company has. The result is that their coils are the best for Minelab machines bar none. They're not cheap, but the best stuff never is.

Back
Top Bottom