The start of Michigans car show season.

trailtwister

Saturday is the first our area Michigan car show. It is April 21st Otis Wilson Memorial Car Show at Northwood University Midland Michigan. We want very much to make this show as our first of the season to show off the Le Sabre's new paint job.

Problem is is has been wet with snow and rain all month. We also live on a lime stone road, have a gravel driveway. I am trying very hard to keep the under side of the Le Sabre squeaky clean. Once we get some decent warm temps I am going to raise the car off the ground around 20 inches on jack stands and paint the whole under carrage & body with POR 15. POR 15 is a rust stopper hence Paint Over Rust, is all so a rust preventer. It prevents rust by totally covering the metal to keep moisture and air from eroding it.

Our road per the long range weather forecast will not be a problem as it is suppose to be dry for the rest of the week and enough traffic will beuseing the road to if you will squeegee the road dry. Our 39 year old drive way is the big problem, it has settled over the years making the drive way lower than the rest of the area. I make every effert every year to make drain channels to allow water to drain off. I also make every attempt to make sure we do not have deep mud puddles.

So now I have 2 days to drain and dry our drive way and make the car show.

Next weekend we have two shows we want to make. Freeland Michigan Saturday the 28th part of the Walleye fest.
Sunday the 29th there is one in Shepard Michigan part of the Maple Syrup fest. Or Kalkaska Michigan part of the Trout fest.

:D Al

Still way to much salt on the roads here in central new York to get the cars out. First cars & coffee is this weekend and it is snowing as I type. Takes lots of rain to wash the salt off. I'm looking at June this year for the first outing.....

I like taking my 1970 2-seater. Ever drove a go-cart with a stick V8?
Yes, it's an orphan, but I know at the show, I will have the only ride representing that company. :cool:

Yes it's getting to be about that time, "If" it ever warms up. We have our car gathering in Michigan City on Tuesday evenings May through October.

Attachments

• Al's .jpg
    Al's .jpg
    82 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Caseville chease burger fest last summer. I know of at least 4 in SE Michigan.

cWARDdG.jpg

Last fall Gratiot cruise.

r4PfJAv.jpg

I don't care if people call it a trailer queen. We have a lot of money in the paint job and this is one of the cleanest Michigan cars our painter ever painted that old.

amc rulz are you going to Midland?

Wow Trailtwister those are near and dear to my heart, nice!
I'll have to check out Midland, been 15 years since I attended a Kenosha show with my clan.

Midland is the 2nd car show for 2018.
Back to the Bricks Flint does a Feb show inside.

2 arenas worth.

9xmvn1F.jpg

24csP4V.jpg

While this was going on inside this was happening out side.

L2biJVb.jpg

AMC if ya come look us up.
Gray of Silver Le Sabre Limited Collectors Edition.
Have seen 2 4dr models but never have seen a 2 dr model.

Here is the 3d AMX the one I like best.

Here is a Javlin from Reese Mi show.

Last edited:
I learned to drive a stick on a 1970 Javelin SST with the 390. Had all the GO package stuff on it. Was impossible to stall it... lol

That is an Rambler (American Motors I believe owned the company later on.) Marlin.
Made from 1965 to 1967. Sold as a personal Luxury car.
My mom worked for Rambler then AMC then Chrysler mostly making plastic parts for Jeep CJ's YJ's and others.

Last one I saw was In Davison Michigan 2017 at the Flint Back to the Bricks tune up party. I am looking for my picture of it, I have so many car pictures thaks some time.

Yes, it is a Marlin.
AMC bought Rambler in 1958 and produced the line through 1969.

Remember the old Rambler Scrambler?
scrambler3.jpg

Nash and Hudson merged in 1954 to be American Motors Corp. Also, Nash and Hudson tried to combine Packard and Studebaker but that didn't work out. Maybe if this larger merger would have been successful, maybe AMC would still be in existence. Anyway, I always thought they made great pony cars and 4WDs!

Off to Shephard Saturday morning. Listings are slim to none close (2 hour drive) till early June.
But there will most likely be flyers at the syrup fest show tomorrow.

June July and August we can pick and choose from many.

Here is the 4th one I know about.

dK8xrJR.jpg

This Sprint was at Caro show last fall.

bvEja1x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom