My first platinum ring...and it's a cartier too!!

That's nice!!!! A bucket list item that sadly may stay on the list for years.

BCD

Thanks BCG, been wanting to find one for a long time now!

Alright! Congratulations on a bonzer of a bucketlist find Mate! :cheers3:

Thank you Mud! :grin:

WOW Awesome find Sandgroper !!

Thanks mate! :)

Sweet PT 950. And Cartier to boot! Nice.

Thanks! Two firsts in one ring, I haven't found cartier or platinum before

:dingding: That is as sweet a find as they come!! High $$$ and easy to sell off. You need to get back to that beach soon and put in some serious time.

Thanks Felix, I'll see if I can back to the beach. The water is very shallow too so you can walk out about 100yards and the water will still be knee deep. You're saying the ring is easy to sell, but it has personal inscriptions (a name and date). Wouldn't that affect its sale?

oooooh-weeee, nice!!!!!! If that is my size and you don't find the seller, then we should talk :yes:

Thanks David, if it fits you and I don't find the seller I'll have a think about it :)

Thanks Scuba! :grin:

What an amazing find !!! That one probably cost a pretty penny.
Just looked it up and that is a $2000.00 ring. Nice Score !!!!

Thanks pescadore, those rings are definitely not cheap. Probably my best jewellery find to date :)

Killer find. Congrats.

Thank you! :grin:

Top Shelf find! A return would be righteous, rewarding, and heroic, but I kinda hope nobody can claim it, so you get a lucky payday. Check with the nearest hotels/resorts, etc.?

Thanks! I'll definitely try to return it, might post it on a Facebook group. But it's a tourist beach so the owner could be living outside of Australia for all I know.

Awesome find man big congrats!:gettinmoney:

Thanks! :grin:

Dude that’s a sweet score!!!! Congrats!

Thank you, GS! :)

Very nice ring. Cha ching! đź’°

Thanks Rigoler! :)

That would be a double bucketlister to me, WTG. Congratulations on an awesome find!

Thanks, so happy I found it. :yes:

Ohhh, nice one Congrats! :cool:

Thanks Irons! :)

Very nice, well done .. I like it!

Thank you meggie! :grin:

Nice plat ring. Ive never found platinum in over 20 years of detecting.

Thanks Chris!

You're saying the ring is easy to sell, but it has personal inscriptions (a name and date). Wouldn't that affect its sale?
If you decide to keep it (because you can't find the owner ;)) you can do 2 things: one, either take it to a jeweler to remove the inscriptions - not expensive; or two, sell it and state that it was found metal detecting and has inscriptions from previous owner. Prior inscriptions might work in your favor as it might give a potential buyer greater credence that its legit. I sold a major designer ring that I did try to find the owner. I had a friend's dad that was a jeweler and had him replace a missing small pave diamond and remove the inscription.

No better way to start the Plat streak then with a Cartier! Very NIce!!

Dont bother trying to return it. I found a Cartier ring, called Cartier to try to get the owner’s name to return it, and they blew me off and said they don’t deal with used jewelry... so I sold it for $400.

Wow, just wow. These are the kinda of finds that convince my wife to let me go detecting, so thanks for that!

Awesome find, congrats!

Thanks! :)

If you decide to keep it (because you can't find the owner ;)) you can do 2 things: one, either take it to a jeweler to remove the inscriptions - not expensive; or two, sell it and state that it was found metal detecting and has inscriptions from previous owner. Prior inscriptions might work in your favor as it might give a potential buyer greater credence that its legit. I sold a major designer ring that I did try to find the owner. I had a friend's dad that was a jeweler and had him replace a missing small pave diamond and remove the inscription.

Great, thank you very much for the info. Will try to get it returned first, but as I found it at a tourist beach, the owner may very well be living overseas.

Whoa Nelly!!

Thanks GQs! :)

awesome find! congrats!

Thank you! :grin:

No better way to start the Plat streak then with a Cartier! Very NIce!!

Thanks OBN, I hope the next platinum won't be too far away :)

Dont bother trying to return it. I found a Cartier ring, called Cartier to try to get the owner’s name to return it, and they blew me off and said they don’t deal with used jewelry... so I sold it for $400.

I haven't tried contacting Cartier, even though I think it does have a serial number or something like that in it. I'll be posting the ring on a local lost and found page on FB just in case the owner lives in WA.

Wow, just wow. These are the kinda of finds that convince my wife to let me go detecting, so thanks for that!

Thanks! :)

Nice find! I found a small size 750 white gold one a few months ago. I looked it up and it was a $1600 ring. I haven't tried to sell it yet but I should.

Nice find! I found a small size 750 white gold one a few months ago. I looked it up and it was a $1600 ring. I haven't tried to sell it yet but I should.

Thanks Larbo, if I don't get it returned, I might be selling it.

Wow, absolutely awesome find! Big congrats!

Thanks Vermonster! :)

Awesome find man, as far as bands go that's very very hard to beat!

Thank you! :)

Congrats on a hum dinger of a find!

Thanks mate! :grin:

a big congrats- I'm still looking for my first plat

Thanks, good luck on finding your first! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom