hunting civil war bullets - which AT pro coil to use

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I am hunting a civil war site with little trash. I have three coils, 5x8, AT Pro stock and a NEL Thunder 14.5" x 10.5".

I read somewhere that the NEL is not so good for small targets. I wonder if a civil bullet is consider a small target by those who made that statement.

so anyone have experience with using the NEL thunder or AT Pro stock coil in finding civil war bullets and can tell me the best coil to start hunting in an area where it is known to have civil war bullets?

thanks for any help.

If it is not too trashy I would use the stock coil. Then before I finish the site I would give the smaller coil a try. The smaller coil is a good one but you give up a small amount of depth using it. Now if your targets are all below ten inches I would go with the large coil. So carry a back pack and take them all along.

If it is not too trashy I would use the stock coil. Then before I finish the site I would give the smaller coil a try. The smaller coil is a good one but you give up a small amount of depth using it. Now if your targets are all below ten inches I would go with the large coil. So carry a back pack and take them all along.

x2, both coils have worked just fine for finding civil war bullets

Back
Top Bottom