Gearing back up

RockCore

Elite Member
Looking to get geared back up after having to sell my ATP last fall. Really like the ATP but been considering either a T2+ or a Patriot. Just wondering how stable and accurate the VDI is on these two on targets at depth. I went by sound and the readout on the ATP and the VDI seemed really tight on most good targets. Just looking for some input. By the way, I hunt about every type of site for whatever I can find. Coins, relics, jewelry, etc. Don't water hunt but did like the waterproof aspect of the ATP for getting caught in the rain. Thanks for the input.

I had a F70 which is a patriot. If you buy it then you need to learn it for it is highly adjustable and read digger27 posts on it. If you like fisher products you can find alot I am sure.

Take a look at the Nokta Impact.

Tom Dankowski said it should be considered 36 detectors in one because of the 12 completely different modes and 3 selectable frequencies.

Add in the nice coil selection and it's a great value and so much more versatile and customizable than most.

Since you don't need a waterproof submersible detector and are worried about rain, there's also a rain cover and stand for it that are included in the pro pack.

I guess I should have said I'm trying to keep the cost in the ATP/Patriot range.

I am leaning toward another ATP. Simple and was very effective for me. And I'm not against getting a used one. I don't detect as much as I'd like so spending too much for something I won't use a lot isn't financially wise for me. I've read a lot of Digger27's reviews of the Patriot/F70 and it seems like you get more options for less than the ATP. That's why I posted here for input. Thanks. I have time before the tax refund comes in to study a bit more! LOL

Actually the T2+ is another I have been researching. I'm hoping with the Equinox and Kruzer coming out that the market gets flooded with used stuff!

Ok I'll throw my 2 cents in here... I've had 3 ATP pros..all 3 of the t2s, orginal,boost, and LTD..the Garrett's have more stable id,less emi interfere,and slightly better depth..
My opinion only...and again my experience only,all 3 versions of t2 had emi problems in one form or another and the target IDs were pretty much useless past 4"..but they were much better balanced and lighter than the Garrett's...and again all this is my personal experience....

Ok I'll throw my 2 cents in here... I've had 3 ATP pros..all 3 of the t2s, orginal,boost, and LTD..the Garrett's have more stable id,less emi interfere,and slightly better depth..

My opinion only...and again my experience only,all 3 versions of t2 had emi problems in one form or another and the target IDs were pretty much useless past 4"..but they were much better balanced and lighter than the Garrett's...and again all this is my personal experience....

I agree with gsmith. The T2 is chatty and less stable. With a NEL coil the ATP is a solid contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my At Pro about 18 months,...never really jived with it. No single significant reason, tones weren't my favorite, a bit heavy comparable to some others, but mainly I wanted something faster in iron. I sent mine down the road,..I now have the Patriot..initial impressions are I made the right call for me,.others disagree. F75 + are available now as well. Good luck.

Thanks for the input guys. Gotta little time to decide. Like I said I loved the ATP and how well it ID'd. Just was thinking of trying something different with more options and maybe a little more depth. And I realize I'm going to get opinions on both ends of the spectrum about depth, ID'ing, stability, etc. I'll keep up my research. Trying to find a good, real word video of the T2 or Patriot showing the number readout on real targets. Watched a lot but they seem to either show air tests, hunting a park, or hitting an old site but not showing how well the VDI locks on a target.

Again, thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input guys. Gotta little time to decide. Like I said I loved the ATP and how well it ID'd. Just was thinking of trying something different with more options and maybe a little more depth. And I realize I'm going to get opinions on both ends of the spectrum about depth, ID'ing, stability, etc. I'll keep up my research. Trying to find a good, real word video of the T2 or Patriot showing the number readout on real targets. Watched a lot but they seem to either show air tests, hunting a park, or hitting an old site but not showing how well the VDI locks on a target.

Again, thanks for the input.
.... there is a reason for that with the t2s... like I said in my previous post..

The Minelab Equinox 600 will be available no later than April for $649. It IDs accurately on deep coins in heavy mineralization. From Minelab field testers and the general public who pre-ordered and are getting them now, new You Tube videos are showing up every day. At least in some locations, 30-40% deeper than AT Pro for accurate IDs in heavily mineralized areas.

I like the AT Pro because it gave me accurate IDs on dime to 7" vs 4" on Ace 250 & some other detectors costing up to $700.

Nickels are the hardest coin to ID accurately. One user was demonstrating in ground that it could lock onto nickels at ID #13. We can I think use the air tests as how deep it could get coins in good ground. One air test was 13.5" on a dime using 15 kHz.

Another from someone I trust got dimes with accurate IDs at 7" & 8" in Reno, even though none of the other detectors he had on hand could ID dimes beyond 6".

I need to wait a bit until I can sell some detectors I probably won't need anymore. Also I like the idea of maybe finding a used Equinox for significantly less. Best wishes.

Actually the T2+ is another I have been researching. I'm hoping with the Equinox and Kruzer coming out that the market gets flooded with used stuff!

Be patient, watch the classifieds on all of the treasure forums. With all of these new detectors coming out, you should be able to score a really capable detector at a great price.:yes:
As far as the T2, look for a T2 SE LTD detector. I have owned two of them. Great machine, no EMI issues; very accurate and stable TID. Put the Teknetics 5" coil on this detector and you have a park/tot-lot killer that will find the goodies. I found a lot of jewelry with this combo. I traded my last one for a Whites MX Sport. I want to hunt some water holes this season and it just isn't in my meager budget to own more than one machine. If that T2 SE LTD was waterproof, I would still have it. Good luck:D

Back
Top Bottom