Excalibur Headphone Mods - Thanks OBN

jjm861

Elite Member
With one of my Excal machines being 5 years old, the old Koss headphones were starting to fall apart. I decided to take a look at OBN's Peltor headphone mods on Youtube....after a few minutes I said to myself....this looks fairly easy.

For about $40 total for the headphones, epoxy, aquaseal and about 2 hours of time....MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE !! 100 time more comfortable than the old headphone and no more noise from those windy days on the beach.

THANKS AGAIN OBN !!

I am planning on doing that mod myself pretty soon.Good to hear a review from someone who just did it . I'm dying for him to make more pinpoint mods up.Thnx for the info on your headphone mod...

Yup, headphones are the weak spot on the excal, congrats on doing the switch! You'll notice things sound very different now...

With one of my Excal machines being 5 years old, the old Koss headphones were starting to fall apart. I decided to take a look at OBN's Peltor headphone mods on Youtube....after a few minutes I said to myself....this looks fairly easy.

For about $40 total for the headphones, epoxy, aquaseal and about 2 hours of time....MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE !! 100 time more comfortable than the old headphone and no more noise from those windy days on the beach.

THANKS AGAIN OBN !!

Welcome and Thanks for sharing those beautiful Golds with us...Also down the road I would think about getting these for your Peltors..there are a few different kinds and I've found these to be the best..

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/ruggedgelseals.php?recfer=7367

So....... did you hard wire or CTX connector? Huge difference for sure. Honestly Joe i have some of those muffs and find the ones on the Pelters are pretty darn good...... cant hear most people.:lol:

THANKS AGAIN OBN !!

Amen! I did it on my Blue 1000. Huge difference blocking the ambient noise.

R5

Back
Top Bottom