Need advice

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
I plan to be working a fresh water beach this summer.

I really don't have any water hunting equipment besides my AT Pro.

What should I gather up for gear? :?:

The bottom of the pond is mostly loose gravel and sand from what I can see.

Thanks!

Dave

A good scoop is a must. stavr, trex, stealth are all good ones. They are stainless steel and very tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like pop said a good scoop is a must don't bother with a cheap one . Depending on how much gravel and rocks are on the bottom i would use a floating sifter to help speed things up.Also get a good pair of water shoes.If your staying in the fresh water the At pro is perfect..HH GL

Agree with above. A strong scoop with a long handle at minimum. Gravel/sand/rocks will destroy a cheap one in no time. I would also recommend a mesh closable finds pouch/bag too.

Yeah..scoop is primary of course...

Then consider what to wear...If price is an issue, a pair of Underarmor long underwear worn under swimming trunks and a a long sleeve underarmor shirt works well in warm water...some sort of dive booties or tennis shoes...a 3 or 5 mil wetsuit Farmer John style with a front zipper can be had for a little over $100..should last a few years.

You gotta try to keep the creepy crawlies off you in warm summer fresh water when digging around in the mud...leeches, swimmers itch, plus the Sun will toast you good without a long sleeve shirt...
Mud

Back
Top Bottom