How deep is too deep? CZ 21

Grumpysrb

Forum Supporter
I have gotten pretty good with the CZ 21 but still have a question, or two.

A few times I have hit a target that sounded like a coin (short or very short tone) and it sounded deep but I dug deep and was unable to recover it. I dug deeper than my Stealth and then some, once about twice as deep and never found the target. Is this a large deep target sounding like a smaller one? How deep can a coin or ring be detected with the CZ 21?

Very small beeps that only hit the in direct center of coil should be a deep smaller object. Large objects will sound large, unless it is a large target that is very deep. I stop digging at maybe 18" with the cz21 if I haven't recovered the target. By that time you can be sure it is a large object (like a can.. ) that is very deep.

Your pinpointing could be off though, I don't often walk away from a target after I start digging with the cz21.. it's more common with a PI where you don't hear an iron tone.

I'm guessing your pinpointing is off or you are digging targets that bounce between high and low tones, which are always rusty iron objects with the cz21.

Only dig targets that have a small signature and hit every time either a consistent high or mid tone, or targets that bounce only one tone away (mid and high or low and mid). Bouncing back and forth low and high is always rusty iron.

I have found many times that I found was a "deep target" was just a pull tab that kept flowing out that I was chasing repeatedly. :roll: Large silver hoop earrings and bracelets I have gotten really deep.

With CZ's sometimes rusted nails off to the side of the hole will give a coin tone.

I just keep digging. Sometimes I am surprised and its like a rusty quarter/nickel that was deep and down there for a while and other times its a piece of junk wire or sunglasses. I also keep testing the beeps as I get deeper to get an idea of what it is. I have also noticed that on the really deep nickel/quarters I will get a mix of low and high tones before I start digging that turn high once I get closer. bottle caps do the same thing unfortunately but the low/high pattern for them usually continues even as I get deeper.

Just something to keep in mind. I know two guys personally that have found rolex's at my beaches. One guy literally found one just laying on the sand - talk about lucky. The other guy said his was 14''-18'' down and sounded like iron at first and then a can as he got closer. I dont remember what kind of detector he had but you get the idea. Always dig. I mean sure what are the chances but thats also the point of our hobby:)

I appreciate the help and advice.

I did find a narrow rut about 10 yards long that had numerous targets, all very deep. Deepest yet. All turned out to be rusty spikes or pieces of them. I kept digging because I was amazed to hit anything so deep, probably 15 to 18 inches. It did take a lot of digging to retrieve them.

I appreciate the help and advice.

I did find a narrow rut about 10 yards long that had numerous targets, all very deep. Deepest yet. All turned out to be rusty spikes or pieces of them. I kept digging because I was amazed to hit anything so deep, probably 15 to 18 inches. It did take a lot of digging to retrieve them.

You get the big or small coil?

I hunt in all metal mode a lot but not pinpoint. I've found that often if I set my coil aside while in pinpoint mode while digging it doesn't pick the target up again until I switch out of pinpoint mode. So I don't trust it. Plus I'm sure it would drain the batteries much more quickly.

I have had the same issue. Hitting a target, putting it in pin point(pin pointing) and after removing a scoop full of sand, not being able to find it in pin point, until using search mode first.

Its like cracker jacks........ you know theres a surprise there..... why not dig it out? MOST of the time you can size a target and tell......its likely a LEAVERIGHT, because we know sunglasses, cans, and cell phones are the norm. BUT sometimes we get a surprise. After 18" and you are still getting a weak signal......... larger halo......and really high tone in an area you know gets riddled with can lids when sand moves...... you just really have to consider you time.

I have had the same issue. Hitting a target, putting it in pin point(pin pointing) and after removing a scoop full of sand, not being able to find it in pin point, until using search mode first.

I never use pinpoint on the cz21. No need when I can use all metal to pinpoint and I do not need an exact mark because its sand like I would if it were someones yard.

Its like cracker jacks........ you know theres a surprise there..... why not dig it out? MOST of the time you can size a target and tell......its likely a LEAVERIGHT, because we know sunglasses, cans, and cell phones are the norm. BUT sometimes we get a surprise. After 18" and you are still getting a weak signal......... larger halo......and really high tone in an area you know gets riddled with can lids when sand moves...... you just really have to consider you time.

Or you can move on and simply believe you're not leaving one of these behind...:D (But hopefully it'll only take a couple of scoops! ;))

Attachments

• 20160212_175736.jpg
    20160212_175736.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 253
its to deep when you don't find what you are looking for.... and you never stop hearing it.... After about 2 ft I give up

Back
Top Bottom