Coils...

V-Bottom

As a beginner machine, I bought an G-ACE 300 and will be here very soon. I plan to use this machine on the beaches here in the Galveston,Tx. area. I viewed a video and showed there are different coils I can put on the 300. Am I good with the coil that comes with it or would a different coil be better. I'll research this but until then someone may want to chime in. Thanx

The stock coil should be good to start. That detector will be fine on the dry sand but closer to the wet sand and in the water it is severely limited. You really need a multi frequency machine for in the water use.

Cliff

I don't plan to go into the water with it. So........in wet sand I'm screwed..right!! That will P*** me off.

It will depend how wet. On the edge of the water the mineralization will be tough. You might have a bit of luck but you will need to lower sensitivity way down which is not gonna leave much depth. I have an ATPRO that I tried there a few times but it was very frustrating. Constant chatter and not much found. I bought a Nox 800 and it is much better.

Cliff

I'm awaiting a reply from Garrett to see what they have say about the wet sand bit.

Good luck. I don't know what they will tell you but I know what the ATPRO did as well as several other people with other units.

Cliff

Sorry buddy that your hearing unwanted bad news before you even get started but what bayou said is a fact. Salt water is conductive and cause false readings. They chatter and get very noisy and your only fix is like said, lower the sensitivity down so much it can cause depth to be very shallow. Theres machines made for wet, saltwater condition PI detectors. But VLF detectors must have the ability to compensate the false hitting from saltwater built into the electronics. Like the detector I use. Has a beach mode and works pretty good. These machines are getting up into another price range though. I hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom