FIRST POST! FIRST DETECTOR? (sort of)

0z0ne

Howdy friends!

Call me 0z0ne (as in "Oh 3", Ozone layer... etc), or 0z, whatever you like!
Welcome to my first post here!!

I'm in need of advice, like so many others, about which machine to purchase as my first. When I was a youngling, I would go out and use my father's white's (no idea what model) and it was a blast. Yet this will be MY first MD and I want it to last. I want it to yield great results. So after watching a number of youtube videos, and reminiscing.. I decided on starting to save towards a nice detector.

All that said, here is what I am thinking.
MINELAB.

Bells, whistles or anything new and shiny are my friends! For the most part I am a fast learner and love challenges. I say this because I've heard that machines like the E-Trac and the SE Pro take some getting used to and may be too overwhelming for someone like me. I disagree.

I am honestly torn between the Safari, the SE Pro and the E Trac. I know I am not the first to feel the same way. It's just that, after hearing something wonderful about a detector in one post, it turns out that someone has something negative to say in another.

I seek a machine that goes deep, hits silver well, and can handle trashy areas well. While some have said that the Safari is a "toned down" E trac without the fancy settings, others say the two are completely different. I know the 'recovery' time with the Safari is slower, and I've read that though it goes just as deep as the SE Pro and the E trac, it may not perform as well in a local park, littered with refuse.

Of course the Safari is ABOUT 1k, the SE Pro is 1.25k and the Etrac is 1.5k. With 500 dollars being the only financial factor that influences my decision between the three, I am wondering if you all will just tell me to save and get the big boy!

As I've already said, I seek depth, ability to handle trashy locations, and results that will keep me from wishing I bought something better!

There's a lot jumbled in there, sorry for the lack of organization.

Thank you all for reading the ramblings of a new member.

Kindly,

0z

P.S.- I'm planning on purchasing in about 4-8 weeks. If anyone is seeking to sell one of those MD's I mentioned around the same time...PM me!

Thanks again my new friends

In 4 - 8 weeks if you read posts here, you will buy the correct machine for your hunting needs. Read, search on the forum and read. My 2 stinkin linkins.

Save and get the etrac or explorer. Much faster machines and better in trash. Read and watch videos of the machines. that will help you understand better than anything. Also get Andy sabish book on the two. Great info in his books!

Sponsors

Hi all, thank you for reading and replying!

As far as saving up for the explorer se pro/ e trac goes......how do the sponsors on here work?

I see that a few of the ladies from Kellyco have accounts on the forum, and I guess I am curious how much of a deal they can cut me.

I've narrowed my choices down to either a local shop here in Chicago or Kellyco. It seems that Kellyco throws in a number of extra freebies that other sellers do not.

Anyone else have anything to say about Safari/Explorer SE Pro/ Etrac?

Thank you!!

0z

I don't know the whatfors of the other Minelab MDs, but I love my E-Trac. It goes deep and sniffs out silver in trashy areas. Carefully consider the value of the extras you get from whatever dealer. The accessories I've seen offered are usually kind of dumb and overvalued to make you think you're getting really good stuff. Hope this helps. GL

Ask diff sponsers their unlisted prices on an E-trac and go from there. I've been E-tracing for about 5 months now and love the machine. I've found way more silver with this in a few months than I had with my other machines in a year. Even found a few pieces of gold with it along the way.

You can't go wrong with it. I got mine for way less than $1500 and brand new.

Awesome guys!

Great to hear all of your input.

I will most certainly call around and see what I may. 1500$ for an E Trac sure is an awful lot to spend on anything, but considering what I've seen and read for myself.......everyone who has made that investment believes it was worth EVERY penny!

I do indeed hope for a nice quote. I figure that any dealer who senses a passion in something like this, the way I feel, will be glad to offer their hand, knowledge and business.

I shall just keep saving and let you all know what progress I've made, and what I decide!

Thanks again!

Hi all, thank you for reading and replying!

As far as saving up for the explorer se pro/ e trac goes......how do the sponsors on here work?

I see that a few of the ladies from Kellyco have accounts on the forum, and I guess I am curious how much of a deal they can cut me.

I've narrowed my choices down to either a local shop here in Chicago or Kellyco. It seems that Kellyco throws in a number of extra freebies that other sellers do not.

Anyone else have anything to say about Safari/Explorer SE Pro/ Etrac?

Thank you!!

0z

I'm not one of the Kellyco Ladies :D but I can cut you a deal at Kellyco for sure...

I will shoot you a PM to see what your looking at getting and see what kind of deal we can work up.

Thanks,
Dan

Back
Top Bottom