So New I Just Opened Box

Sunset

Going to South Padre and want to hunt beach. Thought this might be a fun thing to do while walking on the beach. Staying for a month, so . . . . . . what do I do first, lol.

Oh yeah . . .

a metal detector, Ace 250 something or other. Don't think it is very high dollar, it was a gift. I did view the video already and know I have to practice with tones, etc. But is there and "beach wisdom" I might need

a metal detector, Ace 250 something or other. Don't think it is very high dollar, it was a gift. I did view the video already and know I have to practice with tones, etc. But is there and "beach wisdom" I might need

The 250 is a great machine, but one thing you need to know about the beach... The Ace 250 is not water proof.

If you got an Ace 250 as a gift, then someone really loves you!

Thanks for info

So it can't go in the water but will it be ok if splashed and with sand? Crap not waterproff!

Sounds like a fun time..Stay around in the dry sand, You can go into the wet sand but it may become unstable. Try detecting the blanket line and in the proximity of the life guard stands and from there to and walkways or exits.Keep the coil low and flat to the sand, if your doing it right you will hit the sand every no and again. be sure and take a sand scoop or some kind of sand strainer.
Good luck.

No splashing. get a cover for it to keep the sand out. If you don't have time to buy the cover for it use a ziplock bag and some tape you will still be able to see the display that way.

No splashing. get a cover for it to keep the sand out. If you don't have time to buy the cover for it use a ziplock bag and some tape you will still be able to see the display that way.

Good call sandnut... I have hunted in the rain with a ziplock baggy over the display of my 250 and had zero problems with it.

Mike

I dont know about the 250, but most detectors are waterproof at the coil. The only part that is not is your display. My Bounty Hunter is the same way, and it works fairly well in salt water, but doesnt ground balance as well as my ATPRO, so it gives alot of noise. When you hear a good target, you will know.

I would suggest staying in dry sand until you get used to the detector....bury a couple different items (coins, tabs, gold) and see where it registers in the sand. Then as you grow better, start going to the water. Being able to get your find in the water is the tricky part, just focus on not dropping your 250.

HH and keep us posted on your finds!

the 250 is ok to put in the water but dont get the control box wet. You can hunt in water as long as there isnt much minerals/iron sand there. Happy hunting!:yes:

Hey Sunset,

Gosh... That is a SWEET machine. Perfect for Dry sand, not really a good wet water machine.

My recomendations.... Settings for the Ace 250 for Dry Sand. use the Jewelry mode, set the discrimination to 5 or 6.... Look for where people "Have been"

Now in South Carolina, the beeps around Nickel sometimes are Gold rings, depends on how wet the sand is or humidty in the air.

Wet sand.. is harder... set the discrimination higher.. try putting a ring or quarter in the wet sand... see how it reacts...

Start finding some fun stuff!!!!

Good Luck

Mike

Although it's not the best for wet sand, it can be used there successfully, i found lots of goodies in the wet sand with my ace. If you are going to hunt the wet sand you'll have to turn the sens down so it doesn't false too much. Also, if you are hunting wet, keep your swing over the wet sand, if you keep crossing your swing from wet to dry to wet it'll false every time you pass that invisible line...Good luck and HH!

Back
Top Bottom