Taking the plunge - AT Pro?

1981Eagle

I have been back and forth with detectors for many years. I typically stay with Tesoro, Whites, and Garrett

I've had, Cutlass II, Silver uMax, Toltec II, Coinmaster Pro, XLT, DFX and an Ace 250.

I buy and sell - get into the hobby, get out of the hobby .... have done it for decades.

So - the pendulum is swinging back to getting into the hobby. Our property boarders a small creek and a river that has swimming holes and some shallow spots. So I want to get a freshwater detector. Everything I read tells me that I should be getting the AT Pro ... and I want to know 2 things...

1) should be considering any other freshwater detector?
2) where should I get my detector? (Assuming I am getting the AT Pro)?

I am going to sell all my land stuff to generate funds - I have an Ace 250, a 9x12 coil for the Ace, a pair of a DetectorPro Jolly Rogers and a DetectorPro Rattler single sided headphone ....

3) Where is the best place to sell them?
a) is it better to sell on eBay?
b) is it better to wait another 30 posts or so, and sell them here?

Thanks in advance

I've been around since Christmas of 2012 (and I'm not a 'spam-bot') ... but I don't have enough posts yet ....

I figure if I comment on a few threads a day for the next week or so ... it will push me over the top and I'll advertise here. I'd like to sell here - as I have always mey good people here.

I had a at pro and loved it.Sold it to try something new.I'm getting a at gold,cause it sensitive better in gold chains,although the At pro will hit them too,But I'm going after gold jewelry,coins are ok and I'll dig some.But park gold is what I'm after.The At pro and gold has a great audio, nothing I know of like it.So much info was put into the audio, I don't know another machine with more info from the audio.You made a good choice,but take a look at the At gold,same audio,stock preffered 5x8 dd coil,and you won't miss gold chains or coins.True all metal and threshold.

Thanks - I'll consider it ... my mind is not made up, but I am leaning toward the ATP, because I do mostly relic hunting and some limited coin hunting. I don't hunt too many places where gold is likely to be lost.

Here is my biased answer, biased because the AT Pro has treated me extremely well in and out of the water. I love those machines.
I find enough gold alone in one season to buy whatever machine I could want and I don't see anything yet that I would consider an upgrade.

As for where to get it call one of the forum sponsors (upper right corner) on the phone and you will get a spectacular deal. They cannot publish prices but can give deals over the phone.
That said Bart at Big Boys Hobbies is a great guy who I have dealt with for my first two AT Pro's and I'll call him first when I need something else.

Good hunting to you! :grin:

Here is my biased answer, biased because the AT Pro has treated me extremely well in and out of the water. I love those machines.
I find enough gold alone in one season to buy whatever machine I could want and I don't see anything yet that I would consider an upgrade.

As for where to get it call one of the forum sponsors (upper right corner) on the phone and you will get a spectacular deal. They cannot publish prices but can give deals over the phone.
That said Bart at Big Boys Hobbies is a great guy who I have dealt with for my first two AT Pro's and I'll call him first when I need something else.

Sounded like sage advice .... sometimes, you should go with your first intention ... so I went with the AT Pro, coil cover, and DetectorPro Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones .... no need to get a bunch of stuff I'll never need or use ... whenever possible, I try to do it the way I want it, the first time .... and then not have 'extra' stuff to buy and sell. The only upgrade I am thing of is the smaller DD coil .. but I will wait a while for that - I think

Sounded like sage advice .... sometimes, you should go with your first intention ... so I went with the AT Pro, coil cover, and DetectorPro Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones .... no need to get a bunch of stuff I'll never need or use ... whenever possible, I try to do it the way I want it, the first time .... and then not have 'extra' stuff to buy and sell. The only upgrade I am thing of is the smaller DD coil .. but I will wait a while for that - I think

Glad it worked out for you. With your prior experience you will have the Pro down pat in no time but if you hit a snag send me a PM and I'll be happy to help if I can.

Being that you buy and sell lots I would recommend an ATP for you. If you go to sell it, it will sell fast. People know it and love it. Get a less known detector and you might sit on it for a while before it sells. Plus it's a great machine. Just got one and I love it.

Edit. Just seen you got one already should really read whole threads before posting. Lol. Good luck you'll like it.

A solid machine built in a solid country with proven support. And it saves its settings when turned off :yes:

The only possible addition I can think of (for right now) is a smaller DD Coil ... I think it might be good for creek and river hunting.

I'd also like to see some reviews of the AT pinpointer once a bunch of people have them and have used them for a bit.

I sold my ACE350 on CL in 2 days. I would recommend Bart at Big Boy hobbies, he sold me mine and it was packaged right and shipped fast.

The only possible addition I can think of (for right now) is a smaller DD Coil ... I think it might be good for creek and river hunting.

I'd also like to see some reviews of the AT pinpointer once a bunch of people have them and have used them for a bit.

Yes, and yes. Get the 5x8 coil. It has great separation. I have the new AT pinpointer and so should you since you just bought a waterproof detector and waterproof headphones. The PP AT is only logical. Bart will hook you up on those items as well.

Have fun and like everyone else says, post up any issues you run across and someone will help you out... likely several someones.

Papa

It arrived with the snowstorm .... maybe this weekend :(

I got quite a scare ... my wife called and said that the box was addressed to her! I said I used PayPal .... I hoped I didn't charge her CC :shock:

Still don't know how that happened exactly ... but it's billed to me (so the total is still our little secret)

Maybe I'll get the CC paid off, then buy her something nice ... then go for the smaller coil and the AT Pro-Pointer.

Back
Top Bottom