Opinions on this RTG scoop

That particular scoop looks like a real nice scoop. But there is one better.

The one with the stainless tip. I have aluminum scoops. After trying many different ones out there I have decided that any scoop I carry will be aluminum because of the weight. There are two bad things about aluminum. It turns you hands and clothing black and the tip of the scoop becomes blunt and starts to roll up. The stainless tip takes care of one of the bad things for you.
A screen to catch the small stuff is a wonderful addition. That small stuff will drive you mad.

You can mount your own screen inside the stainless tip one. And don't forget to add a grab handle for 10.00.

I also coat the handle of my scoops with bed liner to help with the other problem.

That particular scoop looks like a real nice scoop. But there is one better.

The one with the stainless tip. I have aluminum scoops. After trying many different ones out there I have decided that any scoop I carry will be aluminum because of the weight. There are two bad things about aluminum. It turns you hands and clothing black and the tip of the scoop becomes blunt and starts to roll up. The stainless tip takes care of one of the bad things for you.
A screen to catch the small stuff is a wonderful addition. That small stuff will drive you mad.

You can mount your own screen inside the stainless tip one. And don't forget to add a grab handle for 10.00.

I also coat the handle of my scoops with bed liner to help with the other problem.

Thanks very much. Good advice.

From someone who started with a small scoop to try and save a few $$$...the big RTG is worth every penny and I should have bought it from the very begining. Instead I now have 2 extra scoops and about $100 wasted. Buy the big one and you won't be sorry!

From someone who started with a small scoop to try and save a few $$$...the big RTG is worth every penny and I should have bought it from the very begining. Instead I now have 2 extra scoops and about $100 wasted. Buy the big one and you won't be sorry!

Yeah this is what I'm hearing. I guess one decent find pays for it.

i went with the alum. 6" w/ss tip, well worth the money, i also sprayed the handle with bedliner. give NED a call for a great price

I have the 7th one down from that one, The 6x11 with a grab handle... Works great for me...

You'll Like it!

Best scoop for the money on the market today!

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 328
i also added the grab handle, liftin a heavy bucket of sand is hard on the wrist.
i also added some 1/4" galv. screen

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 336
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 322
Jersey Joe that is the scoop I use.
I have the stainless tip,with grab handle.

Heavy when full of sand. I like it.

Thanks njal. I think I need to go with that one. Yeah its more than I want to spend but in reality, one or two good finds and its paid for. At this point I'm passing by a lot of beeps that I probably should be digging.

Joe It's a good bang for the buck,good for me at knee deep in the ocean.

Good luck with what ever you decide on.

I've got the exact same scoop and used it for the first time last weekend. I works great for both the dry and wet. I do have an issue though; the handle diameter is too large. The pipe diameter along with the installed grip doesn't make it the best ergonomic fit for my hand size. This resulted in hand fatigue while dragging it behind me for a few hours. For reference, I wear medium sized biking gloves.

To combat this, I intend to install a hook on the end so I can drag it via waist belt. I've got connections in the composites world so I may lop off most of the handle and bond a thinner and lighter carbon fiber handle. We shall see.

Remember that fit is subjective and the it may work perfectly for you.

i added a leather strap thru the orange handle grip so i could drag the scoop behind me, works real nice.

i added a leather strap thru the orange handle grip so i could drag the scoop behind me, works real nice.

Got a pic? it would be nice to see what other people have done. That way I don't redesign the wheel.

Got a pic? it would be nice to see what other people have done. That way I don't redesign the wheel.

it was very easy. there's a hole in the top center of the grip so i just pulled off the orange grip, made a loop big enough for my hand with a leather strap and tied it off with a washer and knot on the end of the loop(so it won't pull thru the hole), i then tied some fishing line to the loop and passed it thru the hole pulling the strap thru the hole in the grip . then just replace the grip and that was it.

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 271
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 279
Back
Top Bottom