Broke My Lesche Digger Yesterday

milco

Elite Member
Went out for a short hunt at lunch yesterday and broke my Lesche digger, ugh! Probably would have broke it right off if I had not noticed or felt give and bend/crack. To add insult to injury, it was a copper memorial at 5 inches. At least I have a spare Lesche digger!

I contacted customer service at WW Manufacturing in New Jersey and they instructed me to return the defective unit and they would be happy to replace it. It was that easy, no fuss, no muss, no hassles, just great customer service. I didn't even ask them if they would replace it and was not expecting them to since I had used it well for nearly a year. I just wanted them to see it.

PB110122.jpg

PB110123.jpg

PB110124.jpg

That is the first time I have seen a report of a Lesche breaking. I would call the company and send them pictures. They really should replace it. I have experience in metal forming etc, and that break looks like it is due to a fault in the original metal. Good luck, RickO

Wow! I've bent my mine slightly but it hasn't broke. Must be a flaw. I'd send it back to get a new one. That shouldn't have happened.

That is the first time I have seen a report of a Lesche breaking. I would call the company and send them pictures. They really should replace it. I have experience in metal forming etc, and that break looks like it is due to a fault in the original metal. Good luck, RickO

Can you help me find the company's website? I know there is Predator Tools and I have their info, but I'm not sure it's the same company??

That's only the second one I have seen break. The other one snapped the blade completely off. After five years of digging, prying, even standing on the handle to pry something up, mine has never failed. I haven't taken a back up digger with me for years. I may have to rethink that after seeing yours.

Wow. Bummer.

The company for the original Lesche (sold under that name) is W.W. Manufacturing Co. and their website is http://www.wwmfg.com/

I didn't see any warranty info on their site. It seems they sell everything through dealers. It would still be worth contacting them I think.

Let us know how it works out.

Wow. Bummer.

The company for the original Lesche (sold under that name) is W.W. Manufacturing Co. and their website is http://www.wwmfg.com/

I didn't see any warranty info on their site. It seems they sell everything through dealers. It would still be worth contacting them I think.

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks for the info! When I looked at my new one it actually had the WW Mfg sticker on it so I contacted them.

I almost bought one of these yesterday but decided to wait until I get my new detector because it will come with it. Right now im using the composite digger I got with my bounty hunter and I can retrieve coins much faster with it than a shovel but it is kind of hard to cut through grass and tough ground. Is the lesche digger the best all around digger out there?

Wow. Must have a been a very very very old ancient relic antique lesche digger with a new handle on it. I literaly almost standed on mine a couple of times digging out rocks and "stumps". You must of got the one "bad apple" of the bunch. Best tool I've ever bought and recomend it IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom