Lesche, left sided teeth

campnagle

Elite Member
Iv'e seen Lesche's with left sided teeth before but can't find now. It's easier to cut roots towards me rather than away. Anybody know a source?

I found this "Razor Edge Gator Digger" and it looks as bullet proof as a Lesche and has teeth on both sides. Anybody have one and whats your opinion quality wise? $45 bucks.
Also found a minelab "shark" with left handed teeth. Maybe I just get my file out and work on my Lesche.

here are links

http://cgi.ebay.com/Razor-Edge-Gator-Digger-Treasure-Recovery-Tool-BEST_W0QQitemZ170412951101QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ad67463d

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-minelab-digging-tool_W0QQitemZ200412208601QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea97f9dd9

Get the Lesche. I also just rotate it 180. The left hand teeth would be nice if I ever need a new Lesche with could be a very long time. Rob

I got one from Big Valley Metal Detectors in Sacramento. He has a website but I don't have the link. He said Lesche only made a few and he bought them all.

Susan

I got one from Big Valley Metal Detectors in Sacramento. He has a website but I don't have the link. He said Lesche only made a few and he bought them all.

Susan
Yes, he has them. I just ordered one. He said Mr Lesche was left handed and thought the whole world was. Mine is about 10 years old so a new right handed one (left side teeth) is just the ticket. Thanks Ladydigger!

I knew it! I have ALWAYS complained that my Lesche was made for someone left handed!

Seems like we have a HUGE thread floating around discussing this very thing!

Glad you got one Cliff. I don't know if it makes that much difference or not. I have never used a left handed one. I just got my detector a few weeks ago and bought it from Big Valley so when I asked about a digger he told me about the right handed ones. Just made sense to get a right handed one although I can dig about as well with my left hand too.

I found this "Razor Edge Gator Digger" and it looks as bullet proof as a Lesche and has teeth on both sides. Anybody have one and whats your opinion quality wise? $45 bucks.
Also found a minelab "shark" with left handed teeth. Maybe I just get my file out and work on my Lesche.

here are links

http://cgi.ebay.com/Razor-Edge-Gator-Digger-Treasure-Recovery-Tool-BEST_W0QQitemZ170412951101QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ad67463d

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-minelab-digging-tool_W0QQitemZ200412208601QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea97f9dd9

If you like the Lesche, you should feel pretty confident buying the Gator. The reason: they were designed and built (at different times) by the same man. Here's a copy of a posting he made on a forum about six years ago:

Hello I am George Lesche and I would like to thank all my customs and supporters who have helped me and my family though these trying times. There has been a number of people wanting to know what happened. At this time the only thing I can say about it is that I can no longer use my own name on the digging tools I designed or even use the same names, colors or even our web page address that we had since 1998. That is the reason that my wife and myself started predatortools.com.
One thing that I can say is this is very personal to me now that each and every tool are the Highest Quality digging tool that you can purchase made on the original tooling that made the tools what they once were. Each and every one that I build will be 100% or it will not leave here. Unlike some other companies, I could have taken the tools overseas and had it made and then given it a American name. I didn't do that, I waited till I could rebuild using all American made products and saving American jobs. This is the only place you'll find the original quality tools please check out my web page at www.predatortools.com Email address [email protected] On a personal note I would like to thank Pam for believing in me and the tools and giving me the green light to move forward. Thank you very much Sincerely George and Pam Lesche

Awww.... looks like the predatortools.com website is gone! All that is there is a bunch of links! :(

Thanks for finding the previous "teeth on the right or teeth on the left" thread cliff!

My new right handed Lesche. My old one is ten years old and has literally moved tons of earth, retired to yard work at home.

Attachments

• lesche 003 (Small).jpg
    lesche 003 (Small).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 845
Im left handed!!! :clap:Someone was thinking of me!!!! :confetti:It's about time.:hat3: Yippie Yippie! :run1:Happy Dance!!!:cool12:

I knew it! I have ALWAYS complained that my Lesche was made for someone left handed!

Seems like we have a HUGE thread floating around discussing this very thing!

here are links

Don't even waste your time getting a Gator it is not what they advertise, it is also not hardened steel and made in china. I have two of them only because they came free when I bought my detectors. The lesche in the pictures I just got and haven't used yet so I hope it works as good as it looks. Look at the picture of the lesche and the "Razor Edge Gator" blades side by side, the gator is not even close to being a razor edge, and thats the new ones I haven't used. The used gater I am constantly bending when I dig as you can see in the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_5007.jpg
    IMG_5007.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_5012.jpg
    IMG_5012.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_5013.jpg
    IMG_5013.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 835
Well it looks lik you could dig around corners with the one you have from china. I bet you couldn't dig to china with it to return either.

Back
Top Bottom