scgator

New member from the upstate of SC. I'm getting ready to but my first detector for our camping trip to Myrtle Beach this summer. Thought it would be a good forum to follow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome from another newbie from Michigan’s lower peninsula between flint and Ann Arbor. Ive had my detector since April 10 or so. I’ve found some interest stuff, a bunch of common pocket change, they call that clad here, a silver earring, and a silver ring with amethyst stone locally. Detecting is incredibly relaxing. I’m still figuring out my dectector but that’s part of the fun.

Welcome from the Lowcountry. Enjoy the beach. Depending on your choice of detectors you will find that most of them work well on the dry sand but most of them can not handle the minerals in the salt water. But have fun and find something good.

I just bought an AT PRO off eBay that was in excellent condition! I'm ready to start practicing for my beach trip. I had a good friend of mine in Florida tell me that I need to check to make sure I'm allowed to detect in the public places I plan on going. From what I read about SC State Parks there is only a restriction on the areas deemed as historical sites. Does anyone know if this is correct? Can I detect on the beach at Myrtle Beach State Park?

Welcome to the site

I just bought an AT PRO off eBay that was in excellent condition! I'm ready to start practicing for my beach trip. I had a good friend of mine in Florida tell me that I need to check to make sure I'm allowed to detect in the public places I plan on going. From what I read about SC State Parks there is only a restriction on the areas deemed as historical sites. Does anyone know if this is correct? Can I detect on the beach at Myrtle Beach State Park?

State parks often have diffrent rules then county , city parks do .

Back
Top Bottom