Lockollectors project

lockollector

All complete. Just need to apply some gold leaf lettering. This is what's known as a cannonball safe from the late 1800's to the early 1900's and were housed in banks to store gold etc. They are made of manganese and weighs in at roughly 2 tons. All the locking mechanisms have been restored including the time clocks are in perfect working order. This is the largest lock in my collection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 155
Very cool safe!!

I haven't seen one of those in awhile, and have never had the opportunity to own one. Be sure to post some pics once you get her all lettered up! !

The dials on the inside are to set the combination.....yes?

How long did it take you to restore this? Truly an amazing piece and im trying to wrap my mind around that thing weighing in at 2 tons. Do you lock all your other locks in this lock?

Very cool safe!!

I haven't seen one of those in awhile, and have never had the opportunity to own one. Be sure to post some pics once you get her all lettered up! !

The dials on the inside are to set the combination.....yes?

i think.i.will.try.my hand.at.posting a video on this thing.For.those.gear heads out there...you will.dig the way this.thing.operates.

That is really cool. I need to get one of those to put my girl scout cookies in so the kids don't eat them all before they get into my lunch. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom