Tinytec Pinpointers

truebrit

Elite Member
Does anyone know if Tinytec pinpointers are still available for purchase? I had one for a couple of years, and it served me well, until it got wet and stopped functioning. The last I heard was that the business owner was slowing down or ceasing operations because of ill-health. I own a number of different pinpointers, and I use a Vibra-Probe 580 right now, but there are times that I really miss my Tinytec. I can't find the website anymore, so I'm guessing that operations ceased.

I am the one who bought that one a year ago :) I still have it. If I decide to sell it I will let you know truebrit.

I have one that I don't use anymore. I think the company is out of business. Mine does not have the vibrate feature, but works fine. Pic below. I've been meaning to sell it. Truebrit, you can have it for $20 shipped. If you don't want it, I will post it in the regular for sale section.

Attachments

• tinytec.jpg
    tinytec.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,163
Hmmm

Howdy... does this work better than the HF?

I use the Garrett PP, but have an HF for taking a guest... not crazy about using that one at all... whats the performance of these TTs?

Thanks.

I have one that I don't use anymore. I think the company is out of business. Mine does not have the vibrate feature, but works fine. Pic below. I've been meaning to sell it. Truebrit, you can have it for $20 shipped. If you don't want it, I will post it in the regular for sale section.

Doug, that is very kind of you, and yes, I would like it very much! Thank you! If you could send me your address in a PM, I'll pop the money in the mail to you. Thanks again! :grin:

Howdy... does this work better than the HF?

I use the Garrett PP, but have an HF for taking a guest... not crazy about using that one at all... whats the performance of these TTs?

Thanks.

The TinyTec works very well, and is handy for pinpointing in holes that fill with water (as long as the controls don't get wet), as the pointer is very long. Also, the tip is very strong and pointed, and can be dug into the soil (as long as one is careful not to damage the target!) I love my Vibra-Probe, but there are times that the TinyTec would come in handy. It's a great pinpointer, and I have found many treasures with it! I'm thankful that DougF offered to sell his one to me!

You asked if this one works better than the HF? Which one is that??

I think it is better that the hf one by far. This unit has the mercury switch, so you can turn it on, tune it, then it will turn on when tilted down, and it goes off when tilted up to store in a pouch. I have the 580 as well. I love them both. Btw, the mercury switch part is rumored to have been the downfall with the company.

Never mind... it's sold. Couldn't see the bit at the bottom on my phone. Sold on the 15th.

Thanks for the text message! I couldn't reply right away, as I was on my way home from taking the kids to homeschool bowling! You've got my back, and it's much appreciated! :yes:

Thanks

Hi thanks for the info. The HF (sorry about that) is the Harbor Freight one... its basically a 16$ one, that you pretty much have to be touching the item with to get it to beep (at least for mine its like that), lol. As compared to the garrett pro pointer that I use, that can pretty much see a dime at a few inches.

I had never heard of the Tiny Tech one and was curious. I had tried some research, but no one really talked about the sensitivity. So, I definitely appreciate your answer, it is helpful. :yes:

Congrats on your buy, as well. Sounds like a great deal.

Happy Hunting!

Ron

Hi thanks for the info. The HF (sorry about that) is the Harbor Freight one... its basically a 16$ one, that you pretty much have to be touching the item with to get it to beep (at least for mine its like that), lol. As compared to the garrett pro pointer that I use, that can pretty much see a dime at a few inches.

I had never heard of the Tiny Tech one and was curious. I had tried some research, but no one really talked about the sensitivity. So, I definitely appreciate your answer, it is helpful. :yes:

Congrats on your buy, as well. Sounds like a great deal.

Happy Hunting!

Ron

Oh, yes! Harbor Freight. I am familiar with that one, and the TinyTec is far better! It's sensitive, and is very reliable! I imagine your Garrett Pro Pointer works very well, too! Happy Hunting! :)

Does anyone know if Tinytec pinpointers are still available for purchase? I had one for a couple of years, and it served me well, until it got wet and stopped functioning. The last I heard was that the business owner was slowing down or ceasing operations because of ill-health. I own a number of different pinpointers, and I use a Vibra-Probe 580 right now, but there are times that I really miss my Tinytec. I can't find the website anymore, so I'm guessing that operations ceased.

The 580 is sweet, I love it.

Brett

It's my favourite, too! I have to say, I much prefer a pinpointer to vibrate, rather than squeal! Especially when people are around.

Thanks

Hi and thanks for the info Truebrit, I appreciate it. Based on that, I found a used Tiny Tec as well and bought it off a forum member, figure it would make a great back up as well as one I can share with folks who may guest hunt. etc. Even if its between the HF and the Garrett, fantastic. Again, thanks for the info and happy hunting.

Ron

i ihave a tiny tec that was the frist pin pointer i started with, bought it new ,,the guy would throught dollar coins in the battery compart ment, it was good and changed my level of mding ,,then i got the pro pinter ,whitch was even better, i got a HF pin pointer hardly used, the tinytec would be better then the HF:grin:

Great!

Thanks Bob, that sounds great, hoping to get my new/used one either today/tomorrow... just in time. Will have guests soon and will be hunting with them I'm sure... I'll be using the TT instead of my Propointer (let him use it, as it should be easier for him)... will be so happy to not have to use the HF during this time, lol. At least for me, my HF, drove me bonkers. Am forever checking its sensitivity before using... and it seemed I always have to adjust it, else, yuck. Better than nothing, sure, but if the TT is between it and the PP, fantastic. Thanks again!

Ron

P.S. TrueBrit, sorry if it looks like I hijacked the thread, was not my intent, but am hoping you were all
set as you scored one (yay!). Thanks again, and sorry about that. Appreciate everyone's input
folks.

Back
Top Bottom