Jury Finds Ex-Marine Guilty of Murder of Chris Kyle

What happened to them making license plates and moving 50lbs boulders from place to the other.

Someone decided it was unconstitutional to force them to work. They also decided prisoners have a right to cable TV. I like Sheriff Joe Arpaio's approach. "Sure you can have cable TV, CNN and The Disney Channel. Nothing else." :lol:

What I don't get is why they took him to the shooting range in the first place. If I recall, somebody said they knew that he wasn't right in the head, if they knew that why did they take him to go handle guns?

I have a better idea.

escapefromnewyork1.jpg

Maybe we can talk the Aussies to giving up Australia again. It's simple why they plead the way they do. Plead guilty, go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Plead not guilty and, from the offender's perspective, you still have a chance at freedom. And when you and anybody with a brain knows that you're guilty, anybody in that situation will try to beating the rap. It's their only chance they have.

Plead guilty = Life sentence
Plead not guilty and lose = Still a life sentence
Plead not guilty and win = Freedom

Why does this sort of thing take so long if he would have gotten the death penalty it probably wouldn't happen for another twenty years although Texas does seem a little faster than the rest of the country.

Why does this sort of thing take so long if he would have gotten the death penalty it probably wouldn't happen for another twenty years although Texas does seem a little faster than the rest of the country.

There's people on death row who have been there since the 70's. They just continue to spend tax payer money in appeals court, and live off our dollar in prison. I believe some of them even take college courses for free! I love when people say the death penalty is not a deterrent, no !!!! it's not a deterrent, because they never use it. If they use the death penalty every time it was given as a punishment, I guarantee people would think twice before they act.

There's people on death row who have been there since the 70's. They just continue to spend tax payer money in appeals court, and live off our dollar in prison. I believe some of them even take college courses for free! I love when people say the death penalty is not a deterrent, no !!!! it's not a deterrent, because they never use it. If they use the death penalty every time it was given as a punishment, I guarantee people would think twice before they act.

I agree.

30+ years ago there was a guy that murdered a couple of people and went to prison. They didn't give him the death penalty because they said it wasn't a deterrent. After several years in prison he escaped and murdered a taxi driver. I guarantee if he had been put to death for killing the first two people it would have deterred him from killing the third person. :mad:

I don't get how a murder, caught in the act, even has the option to plead 'Not Guilty'. Should be an express version of the death penalty, for those that no escape from it.

Not sure the death penalty is the deterrent it use to be. It was done quickly after conviction, publicly, for all to witness, a brutal, horrible way to die. Left people not wanting to be in that convicts shoes. Now days, you almost forget about cases, before they even make it to trial, then the sentencing can take a long while as well, in some cases, and of course most are completely forgotten, until the sentence is actually carried out. Too much time, for a slick lawyer to notice that some technician forgot to sign the evidence bag, or put the wrong date on it.

I don't much care for the 'Innocence Project', where 20+ year old DNA fails to prove a gang-rape murderer contributed, so wins a new trial, which ain't going to happen. gets out, gets a check for several million, even though he was there, and in some capacity, a participant.

I don't get how a murder, caught in the act, even has the option to plead 'Not Guilty'. Should be an express version of the death penalty, for those that no escape from it.

Not sure the death penalty is the deterrent it use to be. It was done quickly after conviction, publicly, for all to witness, a brutal, horrible way to die. Left people not wanting to be in that convicts shoes. Now days, you almost forget about cases, before they even make it to trial, then the sentencing can take a long while as well, in some cases, and of course most are completely forgotten, until the sentence is actually carried out. Too much time, for a slick lawyer to notice that some technician forgot to sign the evidence bag, or put the wrong date on it.

I don't much care for the 'Innocence Project', where 20+ year old DNA fails to prove a gang-rape murderer contributed, so wins a new trial, which ain't going to happen. gets out, gets a check for several million, even though he was there, and in some capacity, a participant.

I agree, The boxer Hurricane Carter was released not because he was innocent but because of a technicality. They made movies, songs, and everything else about him. If anyone were the read the evidence it's obvious he did it, and a jury of his peers also thought that as well. They turned a hero into a guy who walked into a bar and killed everyone in it because they were white. But he was let go because someone didn't dot their I's and cross their T's and became a hero to the brain dead.

Also for the DNA evidence i don't agree with it either, just because your DNA was not found at a crime scene years earlier doesn't mean you were not there, also I question how reliable they were at obtaining DNA samples decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom