Finds pouch

AirborneDave

Forum Supporter
I picked up this pack to use as my finds pouch. It clips around my waist and then around my leg. Very lightweight, and big enough to hold everything without being excessively bulky. It's very comfortable too.

It holds my Glock w/spare mag, cell phone, GPS, and leatherman with plenty of room for trash and zippered pockets for the good finds.

IMAG0626-1.jpg

Last edited:
I wear something similar to that when I do my paranormal investigations... It's called a GrabIt Pack

So I decided to use it with my MDing, however I purchased another pouch that slides onto the belt for my trash and I'll use the other pockets for my finds...

But yours has a LOT more pockets than mine... I may get one of these down the road...

Thanks for the info...

Attachments

• grabit_pack.jpg
    grabit_pack.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,365
I had actually looked at the GrabIt, but thought it was too big for an MDing finds pouch. Because a lot of my hunts are also hiking trips, I carry a small sling backpack with my other supplies: kneepads, sunscreen & repellant, first aid kit, spare batteries, food/snacks, Camelback, 550 paracord, rain poncho, etc.

Link to backpack:
http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Backpacks/RUSH-MOAB-10.html

Link to finds pouch:
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/THERMITE-VERSIPACK-4p19.htm

It actually isn't as big as you think and only has 3 pockets. I actually thought there weren't enough pockets, lol. That's why I bought an extra pouch. If you're interested, I'll take a pic of my setup for comparison.

I really like yours though, and I can still add the extra pouch. Decisions, decisions... LOL

I'm using a tool belt I found at Home Depot for $10. What I like best about it is the dual-hammer holsters. I put the raptor in one, and the hercules in the other.

It has two pouches, one big and one small, and a whole slew of small pockets that are good for extra batteries and other do-dads. The big pouches are top-open. That can be good or bad depending on your hunting style.

Anyway, i could find the exact pic, but here's a close one"

5230256c-6897-462e-ba9d-13e7e79c46ba_300.jpg

Just go to Home Depot's site and search for "Tool Belt". They have many other variations of the similar belts.

I'm using a tool belt I found at Home Depot for $10. What I like best about it is the dual-hammer holsters. I put the raptor in one, and the hercules in the other.

It has two pouches, one big and one small, and a whole slew of small pockets that are good for extra batteries and other do-dads. The big pouches are top-open. That can be good or bad depending on your hunting style.

Just go to Home Depot's site and search for "Tool Belt". They have many other variations of the similar belts.

Anyway you could post a pic of your pouch with digging tools in the hammer holders?

I use the rollipoly pouch from maxpedition in medium size. Maxpedition is a great company to deal with. That pouch you have is great looking as well.

So I bought 2 different Maxpedition bags, The one that Airbornedave is showing off in his modeling photos and then the Jumbo sling versipak. But I am surfing eBay and found one of the rare "good deal" that you do not see very often on eBay anymore. Now this is not a Maxpedition by any means but it is a $3 military grade canvas drop down leg bag / fanny pack with 2 internal compartments. I bought 4 with a Make an Offer option and I would like to say I would keep you informed as to the quality if y'all where interested but unfortunately I wouldn't get the in time to let you know what I thought before the auction ended so. Here is the info if your interested.

4_f.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russian-Mod...614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a10545e

Cool. I think those might be better than the Maxpedition. Maxpedition makes great products but I don't think they would be best suited for MD due to the stiff zippers and heavy duty material. I like the flexibility of these and open face for easy drop and go of items.

I've always liked Maxpedition gear. I carry a c.m.c. (change, memory card) wallet and the 4.5" cell phone holster made by them. Their gear is just plain tough and functional!

Their gear is some of the best out there for sure!

Hey I use one for dry land hunting too!

5230256c-6897-462e-ba9d-13e7e79c46ba_300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom