Tesoro Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings & A Dozen Cookies

beephead

Elite Member
Another typical day out detecting. I went back to go back over a site that I've previously detected to see if the Mojave could find anything that the other detectors might have left behind. Not much, but I did find a broken man's size silver ring, some clad coins, a few wheat pennies and a Canadian nickel that I thought was silver when it first popped out the ground.

After leaving there I drove around to see if I could find some grassy areas between the curbs and sidewalks to detect. After finding one and was busy digging a target I heard a voice right behind. It scarred the !!!! out of me.

It turned out to be a super nice older feller. We got to talking and he said that he used to metal detect years ago. Anyhow I ended up over at his house with him pulling out old detectors from his garage to show me. See pictures below.

After leaving there I found some more curb strips to work. While starting to dig a target I noticed an older lady dragging a rotten landscape timber to the curb for trash collection. I gave her a big wave and see came over and asked me what I was doing. I told her what I was doing and after a few minutes of chit chat, I asked her if I could detect her front yard, but I may not be able to get to do it today since it was getting time for me to go home.

She told me that I could detect her front yard and back yard anytime I wanted to even though she may not be at home since she worked some part-time during the week. Also she said that she would talk to some of her neighbors to get them to let me detect their yards as well. I thanked her and I handed her one of my key chain lights and she was really thrilled to get it.

I got to thinking how nice she was, so I went over there and carried the rest of the landscape timbers to the street for her before I continued on with my detecting. The next thing I know she brought me some fresh right out of the oven homemade chocolate chip cookies. Man they were delicious. After me going on about how good they tasted she went back to her house and brought me a sack of them to take home with me.

Anyhow, I ended the day with 14 wheat pennies, a token, 2 broken silver rings, some clad coins, some cookies and some more permissions to detect.

beephead

Attachments

• Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 001.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 001.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 255
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 003.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 005.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 005.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 006.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 006.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 007.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 007.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 012.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 012.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 258
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 011.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 011.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 352
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 010.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 010.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 009.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 009.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 255
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 008.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 008.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 017.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 017.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 016.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 016.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 015.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 015.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 014.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 014.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 013.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 013.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 018.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 018.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 019.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 019.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 021.jpg
    Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings 021.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 332
I was hoping for a picture of them cookies :lol:
Awesome day! Congrats on the silvers!
I would bet $$ you could pull some silvers with any one of them old rigs. :yes:

Those chocolate chip cookies would have been enough for me.:yes: Looks like a lot of digging going on congrats on the silver.

yeah without pics of them cookies it didn't happen :laughing:
They're half gone already. Yum!

I was hoping for a picture of them cookies :lol:
Awesome day! Congrats on the silvers!
I would bet $$ you could pull some silvers with any one of them old rigs. :yes:
Thanks! He sure didn't want to part with any of them.

Those chocolate chip cookies would have been enough for me.:yes: Looks like a lot of digging going on congrats on the silver.
Thanks! I'm digging a lot of low conductors in hopes of finding another gold ring. My silver coin finds will suffer, but I like changing thinds up every once in awhile to keep thing interesting.

beephead

Attachments

• Cookies 001.jpg
    Cookies 001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 228
Now THAT was a great hunt, even without the silver. Especially making friends with someone who bakes.:D Surprised you found any time to hunt after running across the guy with the detectors. Bet he could talk for hours about his hunts.:yes: Glad your efforts are paying off for you !!:D

Geez, with all the keeping on with people (thanks for being a model example for our hobby!) and pictures (which are cool and give us detail and insight) and your helpfulness, it's still a wonder you are able to detect at all... let alone pull up such great treasures! I can only hunt in my spare time and if I spend 5 minutes chatting with anyone that's just less time for me to keep hitting the dirt. Plus it seems my detector only attracts weirdos. Congratz and keep up the great work Beep!

Tesoro Mojave - 2 Broken Silver Rings & A Dozen Cookies

You should probably just liquidate the rest of your detectors, lol. Nice hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Now THAT was a great hunt, even without the silver. Especially making friends with someone who bakes.:D Surprised you found any time to hunt after running across the guy with the detectors. Bet he could talk for hours about his hunts.:yes: Glad your efforts are paying off for you !!:D
Thanks! I enjoy getting out and talking with people.

Geez, with all the keeping on with people (thanks for being a model example for our hobby!) and pictures (which are cool and give us detail and insight) and your helpfulness, it's still a wonder you are able to detect at all... let alone pull up such great treasures! I can only hunt in my spare time and if I spend 5 minutes chatting with anyone that's just less time for me to keep hitting the dirt. Plus it seems my detector only attracts weirdos. Congratz and keep up the great work Beep!
Thanks! It pays to be nice to people. You get what you give.

Thanks!

You should probably just liquidate the rest of your detectors, lol. Nice hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! You know that I need an array of detectors to keep me happy. This little Mojave sure is fun though! It's hard to put down.

Awww man those cookies look great! with a cold glass of whole milk, I think that was the score of the day! :D congrats and HH!
Thanks! Yeah, there's nothing like a good ole icy cold glass of whole milk.

Congrats on those cookies! Nice silver too:lol:
Thanks! Those hot from the oven cookies tasted soooooo good!

Those old machines brought back a lot of memories..
I already had one guy PM me wanting to see if could get one of them for him.

beephead

You keep making friends with them little old ladys, you are going to get fat with all them cookies. I think you should bring some to church next week. We all want cookies.
You got some more nice finds too. Are you retired. KEN

You keep making friends with them little old ladys, you are going to get fat with all them cookies. I think you should bring some to church next week. We all want cookies.
You got some more nice finds too. Are you retired. KEN

Thanks! That brings back memories, talking about little old ladies. Back when I was in my early twenties I rented a room that was attached to the back of a garage for $75 a month including the utilities. It wasn't much and it didn't really matter, because back then I partied around the clock and only stayed there to get some sleep.

The lady that I rented it from was a manager at a dry cleaners/ laundry-mat and she did all my laundry for me. All I had to pay was the money for the washer/dryer cost. She kept my room clean and after seeing what I had in the frig, she insisted that she fix me breakfast every morning, because she thought I was way too skinny. Every morning before work, at a set time, I would go in her back door and sit down a nice breakfast.

I hated to leave all that, but I met a pretty girl and moved in with her. I never got that good of a treatment ever again. Those days are long gone.

Yeah, I'm retired. I got out of the home building and land developing business a couple of years before the housing crises of 2008. Lucky Me!

beephead

:laughing::laughing: Another GREAT Beephead adventure! I was wondering...'You didnt haveta haul the timber even!" Then, as I continued to read... OK!...That was a good thing for you to do and the cookies were a bonus!...

Careful though, those old ladies have no end of work that needs to be done! I know, I'm married to one, and I dont get no damn cookies!:laughing::laughing:

Nice shots of that old guys gear! One of these days, you will be JUST like him!
"I used to detect"...:laughing::laughing:

Cookies even? Man that thing finds everything, can't wait to get some warm weather again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom