Thought I was hunting with Pepe'

bruinvikes

Elite Member
Hunted for 2.5 hours at one of my usual parks and thought I was going to get skunked. I didn't find one single coin at all. Other than can slaw and pull tabs all I was able to find was two spent bullets. I started making my way back towards the truck and I decided to dig up an iffy signal and popped out this vintage ladies compact. I was hoping that maybe there was a silver coin or two inside, but I scanned the hole and plug again and didn't get a signal.

http://collectingvintagecompacts.blogspot.com/2013/10/reich-ash-part-1-cherubs-nudes-and.html

Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 178
Thanks everybody! I'm not bummed out for not finding any coins at all, I'm just happy to be able to hunt. I actually like this find. I think it's pretty cool. When I pulled it out of the ground it was caked with dirt, but I noticed the hinge immediately and I put it in my pouch until I could clean it up after getting back home. I started cleaning it with mild soap and water using an old toothbrush and that's when I saw the design on the front and I decided to research it online. It's not a stellar find, but it's vintage and I like finding older stuff.

At least you came home with something more special than coins, a relic.:D Congratulations on deciding to dig that "iffy" signal. A lot of times those are the best.:yes:

Now THAT is one cool find! Way better than a rosie or standard date silver dime... More excitement! Its sort of a mystery box when you pull a little case like that..wondering whats inside! very cool, nice job!..

Back
Top Bottom