Bounty hunter platinum

If it actually talks that is a new feature for this one, probably just very confident if it sings its own praises.
Supposedly a rebranded Teknetics 8000 and that is a well thought of detector by many.
Uses Teknetics frat boy coils, not Bounty Hunter coils so it is probably true.

If it actually talks that is a new feature for this one, probably just very confident if it sings its own praises.
Supposedly a rebranded Teknetics 8000 and that is a well thought of detector by many.
Uses Teknetics frat boy coils, not Bounty Hunter coils so it is probably true.

Its more like a rebranded gamma with slight differences.

Push in instead of screw on coils. So shares coils without adapter with lrp, qdp, lsp, eurotek, and digitek

Is this new detector as good as it says it is

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I have loved mine. I think it's a great detector for the money spent, simple turn on and go and with accurate ID down to about 6 inches and that larger coil can hit good down to about 10 inches on objects that are quarter sized. Upgraded to an AT Pro last month, but I'll be keeping the Platinum for sure as a backup because it was just so user friendly. Bought it when I stated detecting about 6 months ago and it's paid for itself at least twice already. 5 year warranty, light as a feather, good options for a low price. And it LOVES nickels which is a great range for gold to fall.

Coil compatibility

I have a Platinum that's at least 4 years old.
I got another one since I couldn't pass it up for the price.
The only thing is that it has an 11 inch coil which I don't use frequently.
I ordered an 8 inch concentric coil, but I noticed that the older detector connector has 6 pins opposed to the new one that has 5 pins on the cord connector.
The coil is the one that is recommended for the detector. I just can't figure out why they are different.

I bought one on eBay at a really good price. It seems to work well in my yard. I bought it for my four year old when he gets older. It’s not close to my equinox 800 but a very good detector.

Back
Top Bottom