ARA Review

Its mine!,,,,,,,I lost it, honestly,,,,,:yes:nice piece Felix,,,,,,,GL HH
I actually tried finding the owner on this one. I called the Piaget jewelry store at Bal Harbour and they told be that serial# was sold outside of the USA and they couldn't get info on the buyer.

Well this is my review of ARA

Payment was what I expected. They received it on the 3rd and did not process it until the 8th. They did lock the price from the 3rd though. All in all good.

Well this is my review of ARA

Payment was what I expected. They received it on the 3rd and did not process it until the 8th. They did lock the price from the 3rd though. All in all good.

They will only lock it in the day they refine it UNLESS you call them and lock it in a different day. You can lock it in the day you send it, the day they receive it or any day up until they refine it. BUT you have to tell them when you want it locked in if you want it any other day beside the one they refine it on. Just a heads up. You also have to tell them you want a cash advance the day they receive it if you want money sooner. They will give you 90% the day they receive it and the other 8% after it is refined.

They will only lock it in the day they refine it UNLESS you call them and lock it in a different day. You can lock it in the day you send it, the day they receive it or any day up until they refine it. BUT you have to tell them when you want it locked in if you want it any other day beside the one they refine it on. Just a heads up. You also have to tell them you want a cash advance the day they receive it if you want money sooner. They will give you 90% the day they receive it and the other 8% after it is refined.

Thanks on the info,,, feel better about selling. I'm ready to send a batch in and would like to get a cash advance on the day that they receive it. Do you have to call them to get that 90% upfront or can you note it on the shipping form under the Advance Amount $ heading?

Thanks

Unmarked Gold/Silver

This is really helpful info on ARA. Have any of you dealt with unmarked jewelry? We all find it - no markings but passes the magnet test. I am curios if I could send it in and if they would send me back $ for what turns up to be real?

This is really helpful info on ARA. Have any of you dealt with unmarked jewelry? We all find it - no markings but passes the magnet test. I am curios if I could send it in and if they would send me back $ for what turns up to be real?

Gold items do not need to be marked for sale to ARA. Get an inexpensive acid test kit. Then you'll know for sure. BTW - There's jewelry that passes the magnet test, is marked, and is not real. Using the specific gravity test is an inexpensive surefire weigh to make sure your item is gold. It's on here somewhere or just YouTube it.

Last edited:
You can not trust what you see.
This ring was Brass!!!

Attachments

• Fake 18k..jpg
    Fake 18k..jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 97
  • fake 18k.jpg
    fake 18k.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 171

Sent in an unmarked silvery ring last year thinking it was platinum. They sent it back with my stones and diamonds simply marked "return". I later ran a specific gravity test and it came in at around 8.00 a high quality stainless. Platinum would have come in at around 20.00.
Just sent a batch in Monday and requested an advance in writing. They have sent me 2 emails since with the refined weights as expected and an advance payment noted. I should have a check in the mail tomorrow or Monday if all goes well, with the remainder coming in a bit later. They did not include my platinum and palladium in their advance payment base, but I kind of expected that as I knew from past sales that platinum is refined and paid out on a different schedule than gold.

I sent in a bunch but had no test kit at the time so just weighed them all and went by the marks on all of them except one piece...an old gold crown I had put on in the 70's.
When my dentist pulled it 30 years later be seemed surprised I asked for it back because I guess not many do.
Pretty hefty at 4.7 grams but I had no idea what it was so I just figured 14k and sent off the lot hoping for the best.
When I got an e mail that I requested back after they did their testing they were right on exactly with what I had figured except for one thing...it was more.

Had to be that crown, probably more like 18-22k gold instead of 14k like I thought.

I knew I could trust them after that.

Back
Top Bottom