Gold #22

Joshc214

Decided to go out for a quick evening hunt, conditions were fairly good with light winds and small chop. My only obstacle today was the tide, it was only a couple hours after high tide.. because of this I tried hunting the first drop off along the low tide mark for the first hour, this didn't produce much at all, just a few pennies. The next hour I tried hunting the deeper troughs neck deep the entire time. Every target was almost impossible to dig because of the depth and a strong current that kept throwing me off. After 45 minutes of this and just a few coins recovered I got a really strange broken signal that sounded like foil or multiple small targets in the same location. After 5 minutes of digging and missing the target because of the lack of leverage I had I finally got it up... my first gold grill lol

I acid tested the teeth, passed 14k, passed 18k and failed 22k. I get a feeling their a higher karat than 18k, maybe 20k. Thought I'd break the 100 gram mark for the year with this find, fell just short at 97.5.... next gold will be my first big milestone towards 1lb for the year :grin:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1490147847230.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490147847230.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 287
  • FB_IMG_1490147841926.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490147841926.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 277
Huge congrats man!!

Really is a water hunter's bucket list item...

Maybe Itsaring with bust out his fish....

Now you gotta find a creature to put it on...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20150614_014359.jpg
    IMG_20150614_014359.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 243
nice teeff. I've never seen 1 of those in my area. It would probably scare the shifff right out of me at first glance

:dingding: Congrats on your 1st grill! Nobody ever forgets their 1st grill! :lol: You are now a member of the "Grill Club" - a very exclusive group.

sweet find. gold is gold. a grill is almost a bucketlister just because.:laughing:

Lol Thanks Schmitz, I'll take it any way I can get it :grin:

That works for gold. I find a few bridges in Michigan.

Nice, wasn't sure what to think when I saw it in my scoop...

Huge congrats man!!

Really is a water hunter's bucket list item...

Maybe Itsaring with bust out his fish....

Now you gotta find a creature to put it on...

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice! That's not a bad idea lol

Nice......

Thanks!

nice teeff. I've never seen 1 of those in my area. It would probably scare the shifff right out of me at first glance

:laughing: Luckily it was only the teeff I found!

:dingding: Congrats on your 1st grill! Nobody ever forgets their 1st grill! :lol: You are now a member of the "Grill Club" - a very exclusive group.

Lol, thanks Felix! Glad to be a part of the club :cool:! I'm sure you've found plenty of these over the years.

Lol, thanks Felix! Glad to be a part of the club :cool:! I'm sure you've found plenty of these over the years.

Actually, I've only found 1 pair at a tot lot at a park. I'm impressed with your determination to work the difficult conditions. That's why you're at 22...and counting so far!

Josh
Still waiting for the picture of you wearing them. :laughing:
Oh wait just got it

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 167
"Light wind and small chop"? Lemme guess, pardon the pun? :laughing:

Congrats with the gold! Man, you're killing it! At this pace you'll go over a pound for sure.

Actually, I've only found 1 pair at a tot lot at a park. I'm impressed with your determination to work the difficult conditions. That's why you're at 22...and counting so far!

Interesting, so their not that common. Thanks, it is difficult working the stronger currents or deeper tides/chop, but they do seem to produce for me. The strong current from last night is probably what uncovered this find. Same with the surf on Saturday. It's just a pain trying to swing against it.

Great job, you are killing it congrats! :cool:

Thanks Irons!

Josh
Still waiting for the picture of you wearing them. :laughing:
Oh wait just got it

Lol, never... I've changed my mind.

"Light wind and small chop"? Lemme guess, pardon the pun? :laughing:

Congrats with the gold! Man, you're killing it! At this pace you'll go over a pound for sure.

Lol Thanks Bruin! I may need a heavy gold chain or two to accomplish the lb goal, but we'll see!

Beautiful and for sure a MUST Find kind of thing...Gold Mouf Jury!.! Congratulations Josh! Heres my first grill I found abandoned on the beach one morning!..Yippee! As is my custom, I dragged it out of there, stuffed it in my rig and hauled it home! Ashes everywhere! The whole inside of my car looked a rolling crematorium! I got $5 for it at my garage sale! :laughing:

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 142
Back
Top Bottom