Gave Myself the Day Off for a South Beach Hunt

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After a very rough and hectic last 2 weeks at work, I decided to give myself a day off yesterday after this week’s rough winds subsided to calm and huntable conditions. I was going to go out for the after midday low tide on South Beach. I arrived to the beach and was hunting just after 10am. I was hoping that the heavy winds and waves this week would’ve opened up some areas. I only found a few angled troughs to the shore that gave up some of the older targets and I worked those over well with the SS but no yellow reared its head. The expansive sand bars and other areas had fluffy sand and targets were nil for the most part. The Ray Ban’s I thought initially were cheap sunglasses but they’re actually real and have prescription lenses so won’t be able to use them. :roll: It’s too bad because they’re actually in very good shape. I hunted for 5 hours without anything significant but the water and the South Beach sights were infinitely better than having gone to work. :lookclose::jawdrop:;)

Attachments

• 3-10-17.jpg
    3-10-17.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 3-10-17 Sunglasses.jpg
    3-10-17 Sunglasses.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 305
  • 3-10-17 Foreign (1).jpg
    3-10-17 Foreign (1).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 3-10-17 Foreign (2).jpg
    3-10-17 Foreign (2).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Cool finds. What don't you go to the beach when you need to sew something? I thought everyone did that... Better light.... :laughing:

Interesting hunt Felix... I think those glasses with the floral design would look great on you while you detect :D

... but the water and the South Beach sights were infinitely better than having gone to work. :lookclose::jawdrop:;)

Hey Felix, is spring break still going? Do you know if it's over this weekend? I'd like to take the wife to Lario's for lunch next week, but I'm hoping the crowds will not be as bad so I can get a parking spot.

Hey Felix, is spring break still going? Do you know if it's over this weekend? I'd like to take the wife to Lario's for lunch next week, but I'm hoping the crowds will not be as bad so I can get a parking spot.

Rudy, Spring Break is more of a month long event since different colleges have different dates. I would say it ends 1st week of April. If you want to avoid the Spring Break crowds try "Havana Harry's" in Coral Gables. :good:

Rudy, Spring Break is more of a month long event since different colleges have different dates. I would say it ends 1st week of April. If you want to avoid the Spring Break crowds try "Havana Harry's" in Coral Gables. :good:

Thanks for the tip.

Maybe some young lass took the sewing needles to the beach to repair her bikini top? Ohh wait, never mind. I hunted that beach before!!

Hopefully you can find some more stragglers there. Maybe a gold or two.

Back
Top Bottom