I think i found a good deal..

KSM

My gf and I are new to the hobby and planning to do a little digging this weekend, so I decided to check craigslist for a good deal on a pinpointer (my gf already has a Whites detector). The only listing I found on there in my area is for a Bounty Hunter Quicksilver and Garrett pro pointer for $100. I don't have a detector yet, so I'm wondering if the bounty hunter would be a good one for me to start out with. And I'd also like to know if you guys think $100 for the bounty hunter and Garrett pinpointer is a good deal. Thanks!

Before the new Garrett pro pointers (carrot) came out it was not uncommon to see used pro pointers go for 80-90 if in good shape. Now I have seen the originals going for around 60.00 used. I have no idea about bounty hunter models so I have no idea what that one is worth.
If it is their very low end machine I might not buy them both used for that price. You cand get a new garret for around 100 and the low end bounty hunters can be picked up for under $100.00 new if you shop around. If it is one of the better BH's that could be a good price for both.

depends if the Garrett is a fake

there are alot of fake garrett propointers around. They are worthless. A real Garrett used is worth at least $50 The Bounty hunter is worth $20 to $30 used. Offer $75 for the pair. That is a good deal.

How do I tell the difference between a real one and a fake one?

Check youtube videos

There are youtube videos that can show you the difference. You can also call Garrett. I purchased a fake on fleebay. It broke that first day out. I called Garrett and they informed me that it was a fake.

Back
Top Bottom