Seahunter mk 2 discrimination

Kcterry

This may have been addresed earlier, if it hasnt how effective is it to use no discrimination to find target, then use disc to determine if a possible good target or iron.

This may have been addresed earlier, if it hasnt how effective is it to use no discrimination to find target, then use disc to determine if a possible good target or iron.

Disc works effectively in a lab setting. For instance, lay 500, equal size one gram pieces of iron on a bed of sand. Ensure they are all on the same level or depth. Then place a single piece of silver, gold, or modern coin amongst them. Cover them up with soil. Then it is possible to disc out the iron and only identify the desired target.

Unfortunately, varying mass objects and varying depths make it almost impossible to effectively use the Sea Hunters discrimination. After watching dozens of youtube videos and talking to Garrett, I've never been able to get my XL500 or (3) SH2 with the 8 and 10x14 coils to ever work in a practical setting. Its just the nature of the beast when using a PI.

Of all the tips I've heard, there is one tip that I do use to discriminate. When you hear a target, pull the coil away from the surface. If the tone quickly stops then I dig it. But if I raise the coil more than a 12" away from the surface, its usually an aluminum can or big hunk of junk.

The SH is best used IN THE WATER where light trash and debris are swept away by the current. You may also find it works great at relic hunting in fields.

Whether to disc after target found or not

Thanks for the advice I have just started to use seahunter mk2 to complimate my other saltwater detectors Cz21,Cz5

Cz21,Cz5,Atpro,Ace250,Ace300,Gshmk2

Back
Top Bottom