Permission denied.

Diggerjonny

Elite Member
Local house in my neighborhood gonna be torn down. This home was build in 1880.i was told for insurance reasons we can not let you on the property.here is a picture of the home.

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 604
the curb strip may be public? check your city code.
then check again with the property owner after the house is gone?

Recently a riverfront mansion dating back to the early 1900s was demolished because of termites. It had been a Woman's Club for wealthy wives. It was a spectacular building.

I was granted permission to hunt it but the very next day I was denied entry because the board of directors decided it was unsafe. Sad. Very very sad.

Yep, sad & STUPID !
I tell people that I have no interest in going in the house or building,
that I'd be well away from any structure...
And say how I'm a grown man with common sense, I'm not gonna fall in some hole or break a leg......GGGSSHH!
people are afraid of a few things,
" Sue happy people"
and they are afraid that you'll find something of great value,
and their not, so they would rather let it "rot."
so one is left with few options, go hunt some where else,
have hope the next property owner isn't an anti-digger and grants permission?
Maybe show or share your finds, sign a permission slip if granted?
watch for relator signs, contact them?
Keep it on the "back burner" for a later day, and watch the obituaries.:lol:

I would hit it so hard after hours that it my efforts would be in the Guiness book of records. Just sayin'.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone would send me a txt when they plan to tear down a house.

I would hit it so hard after hours that it my efforts would be in the Guiness book of records. Just sayin'.

Aint nuthin to it but to do it! Anyone says anything "Oh, I didn't know, no it wasn't me you talked to, but have a great day, sorry to bother you..." If anyone should ask... lol

This home sits right next to the counties history Muesem.i' 'm not gonna give up. I'm gonna talk to them in person. Board of directors.
Isn't county property also public property?

Aint nuthin to it but to do it! Anyone says anything "Oh, I didn't know, no it wasn't me you talked to, but have a great day, sorry to bother you..." If anyone should ask... lol

I'm hunting night-crawlers for fishing....:D

Tell them you will sign a wavier of liability releasing them of any and all responsibility should you get hurt on the property

Tell them you will sign a wavier of liability releasing them of any and all responsibility should you get hurt on the property

That is not a good idea for two reasons 1 you bring up the idea of liability 2..you give them the idea that there's something valuable there to be found both bad ideas. :)

That is not a good idea for two reasons 1 you bring up the idea of liability 2..you give them the idea that there's something valuable there to be found both bad ideas. :)

The liability of being injured on the property was an issue for the property owner and the reason for denial. They might let you if you had a waiver of liability of any lawsuit from an injury. The reason for wanting to detect in the first place is, you believe that there's something valuable on the property in the first place. Just the fact that you asked if you could detect it would give them that idea I would think.

Kind of like a prenup, easy to get around. I frankly don't blame them. Who needs the headache?

Exactly, just because you sign a waiver does not mean you give up the right to sue should you get hurt. Who want's that to potentially happen?

You start mentioning signing papers, waivers etc, and instantly the property owner starts thinking about liability and being sued... just not worth it from a property owners stand point.

As much as we hate to hear it, NO, is an acceptable and legitimate answer. After all it is their property, and they get to decide who will be allowed on it. Personally I get turned down more often than I get a yes. But I accept it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom