My mistake

xsertcop

I have a rock tumbler and I made a mistake cleaning clad quarters, dimes, buckles, and pennies together. Now all of the silver coins have a penny color is there a way to correct this mistake?

I never did that, so I've never tried to clean any, after they were tainted. You might just go ahead and do another run, and leave the copper out. Either it'll work, or it won't, however, I believe the clad will still spend just fine ;)

I have a rock tumbler and I made a mistake cleaning clad quarters, dimes, buckles, and pennies together. Now all of the silver coins have a penny color is there a way to correct this mistake?

I did that my first time, and while it did look kind of silly they were still spendable, so I wouldn't worry about it.

My solution

Well I tried a little experiment and it worked. So if anyone ever does what I did try this. I put about 2 tablespoons of "tarn-x" tarnish remover and a little water and ran my tumbler for about 4 hours. It returned the silver color and removed the copper hue from the coins.

Back
Top Bottom