It happens to even us!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
I am so blessed to be able to metal detect. Today as I arrived at the beach I was approached by a fellow metal detectorist whose name is Eric. Eric's metal detector is broken and he had not brought it with him today. He says to me "Don't laugh but I just lost my gold and diamond ring in the water." Eric has taught me so much about detecting and one of those things is "Don't wear jewelry into the ocean!" So you can imagine his embarrassment.

He was much too far out in the water for me to be able to help him even at the low tide today as my machines are land machines (Not water proof) but I asked if he minded if I called my friend Dick to come help. Dick has a water machine and likes to hunt out in the water up to his neck. (I want to do this someday!)

Long story short, Dick agrees to come to the beach and within an hour the ring is found and returned. Dick wouldn't even take a reward. So here is to Dick! Great job my friend! Thank you for coming to help!

Attachments

• dicks first return 4.jpg
    dicks first return 4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 629
  • Dicks first return 2.jpg
    Dicks first return 2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 657
Way to go! Was going to say I'd swing that way if you needed me to. Glad he got it before it sunk.

It happens to even us.

Love stories with a happy ending. Job well done and great example of the best the hobby has to offer.:D

Nice work!!

When I hunt the water, the first ring in my pouch is always my own!!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom