Junior High gold - Going Home

coinshooter

Second try was successful. Contacted the school in Indiana, different counselor and struck gold. The counselor contacted the alumni who intern gave her his cell phone number. After speaking to him, he told me that his Mom had gotten him the ring, had passed years earlier and always felt bad for losing it. After he graduated he went to work for a contracting company and took a job in Texas where he and his friend rented a trailer in my home town, Seguin. He met a girl in New Braunfels, dated, and gave her his ring to wear. He said that after about three weeks she told him that she had lost it. Disappointed, he accepted it but months later went their separate ways. He did mention it that in order to keep it on her finger she wrapped some yarn or rubber bands to make it fit. He was surprised when I told him that she had used electricians tape and that it was still there. He texted me his address and the ring will be going home tomorrow. He later texted and asked that if he could make it down to Texas would I take him to the spot where I found the ring to which I promptly agreed. He promised to send me a selfie of him with the ring that I’ll post as soon as received. After over thirty years, your welcome Lloyd.

Back
Top Bottom