San Francisco Bay Area Meet Up?

AgMPLGRL

Hi there, I am moving to the bay area in June and would like to know if anyone would be interested in starting a meet up. I am also available for a meet up March 12-18.

Whereabouts in the Bay area? That's my old stomping grounds, maybe I can let you know of a few places depending on where you'll be.

Hi there! I will be in the San Mateo area, Foster City in particular.

Hmm, sorry, can't help you much. I lived in the South Bay. But, I can give you an excellent place to start. Contact Greg Moscini of Golden State Metal Detectors (formally called Trans Bay). His place is in Foster City (how's that for close? :D ). You can email him at [email protected] or drop by his business (call first, he may be out hunting) 321 Sea Horse Ct, Foster City, Cal 94404 Bus: 650-574-2012

Greg is a pretty knowledgeable guy and he has beta tested many of the White's detectors for White's. He was also featured in the first episode of the video series "Treasure Hunting America", hunting in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. Unarguably one of the toughest pieces of ground to detect in. The mineralization in Golden Gate Park has humbled many a good detectorist.

When you connect with that old rascal, tell him that Rudy from the old White's forum says hi. Here is the episode featuring Greg.

Wow! Thank you so much Rudy! I will definitely contact Greg as soon as I get out there. He sounds like a fantastic resource to have. This is so great!! :grin:

See if you can find my heart. I left it in San Francisco.............I know.........cheesy. Enjoy your new hobby..................

Hi, AgMPLGRL--Fyi, I'm in Alameda on the other side of the bay (next door to Oakland) from F City. I just got started and don't get out much due to being unemployed and endless weekday job searching and chores weekends. I agree, Greg M. is an excellent resource and advised me on an MD purchase, tho' I didn't buy from him! The entire E. Bay Regional Park District (some 40 parks) is open to MD with pmt. of $20 for a 2-year permit (digging only allowed in non-wildland areas, such as picnic, swimming, and parking). Ck their website (www.ebparks.org, then drill down). Robert Crown Beach in Alameda is one such place and heavily used spring to fall. HH - Alexi

Wow! Thank you so much Rudy! I will definitely contact Greg as soon as I get out there. He sounds like a fantastic resource to have. This is so great!! :grin:

You are welcome. Keep us posted and tell ol'e Greg to come by here once in a while. ;)

Rudy has already given you great advice, but I wanted to add my WELCOME! I am over on the beach in Santa Cruz!:D:cool:

I miss San Franciso..Wasnt there very long but it was a nice place. I would definitely hit golden gate park.

Back
Top Bottom