• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Advice on field next to river.

Squeaker

I was out looking for arrowheads today and found this minie ball. It was nose down at the bottom of this embankment. There’s is another ledge just below the water that you can walk heel to toe before it actually drops off in to the river. I found the bullet on that ledge while watching where I put my feet. For reference, the lower grass ledge is over 5ft tall at the high side on the right of the picture.

I’ve worked an old house site about a half mile down and found an old spur which I posted a while back. There was a major battle in the area, but not any know in the immediate vicinity (no known smaller skirmishes or camps).

My question is which side of the river should I focus on. The side it was found or the opposite. I have access to both sides, so that’s not an issue. I just know it’s going to start getting hotter and with the quarantine stuff, I give it a few weeks before I can’t get out due to it being “non-essential”. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 12903363-9355-4B5C-9DF3-81D59F092F67.jpg
    12903363-9355-4B5C-9DF3-81D59F092F67.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 8F210D38-432C-4E3E-9EE0-20DCCC43C9E0.jpg
    8F210D38-432C-4E3E-9EE0-20DCCC43C9E0.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 41FB4FE1-2EE5-417B-8840-63516FE8AEF2.jpg
    41FB4FE1-2EE5-417B-8840-63516FE8AEF2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 306
  • E5358457-D241-48A2-847F-75E04EA4EFBC.jpeg
    E5358457-D241-48A2-847F-75E04EA4EFBC.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 266
Your bullet appears fired. I prefer to hunt where it came from. But since you have permission for both sides, hunt both sides. And if they pay off big hunt the water also.

Hit it all since you’ve got the ok. Unless you give out your location I don’t think you’ll have to worry about social distancing and unless you are in a big city you can still go out . Have fun

Your bullet appears fired. I prefer to hunt where it came from. But since you have permission for both sides, hunt both sides. And if they pay off big hunt the water also.

I assume you mean you prefer the side it was fired from? Which would be the opposite side from where I found it?

Hunt both sides , but keep in mind that you could be on or near where there might have been a ford that they used to cross that section of the river. Fired bullets could show up on both sides. HH

Hunt both sides , but keep in mind that you could be on or near where there might have been a ford that they used to cross that section of the river. Fired bullets could show up on both sides. HH

Come to think of it, there is a very low water gravel area that the farmer uses to cross with his tractor that’s very close. It’s one of the first spots I look for to be going down when I’m walking across. Probably less than 50 yards up river. It looks I’ll be jumping in the water too.

Thank you for the help everyone.

Come to think of it, there is a very low water gravel area that the farmer uses to cross with his tractor that’s very close. It’s one of the first spots I look for to be going down when I’m walking across. Probably less than 50 yards up river. It looks I’ll be jumping in the water too.

Thank you for the help everyone.

For sure give it a go. I can't tell you how many carved bullets I have found over the yrs. In the areas of fords. Sometimes on pickets guess being bord brought on a temptation to widdlle on lead awaiting someone to approach a crossing,:lol:, good luck and HH.

Back
Top Bottom