Lightning strikes!

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
Decided to get some "exercise" since that's still ok to do :) Ventured out close to home at a new spot and was surprised to see a giant disc pop out. Only about 4 inches down and bouncy vdi, was thinking I had some sort of medal as it was more brown in color. Then turned it on its side and saw the reeded edge, oh man what the heck!?? Took me a minute to process, bigger than a half, reeded.. and then I saw her beautiful face behind the crust and the date "1884" clearly visible. My second silver dollar and my first Morgan dollar! Shocked and thrilled about this one.S mint mark. Happy hunting everyone! 20200402_130543.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Based on the brown color, I assume that was a wet-salt-water find. Right ? Congrats ! And keep them CA reports coming !

very nice

Thanks! Nice to find the goods after a lot of junk cleanup

Wow...big congrats on that very big silver. Outstanding dig!

Thanks!

Excellent :coolman: Excellent

Thanks!

Fun to see one of those come out of SoCal, congrats!

Absolutely, but you make it seem easy!

Big congrats on the Big silver Morgan! That's a major league find.

Thanks!

Nice one, congrats!

Thanks!

Based on the brown color, I assume that was a wet-salt-water find. Right ? Congrats ! And keep them CA reports coming !

Close!

Fantastic find! Sad to see such a nice coin in such condition, though.

A little on the brown side but she'll clean up nicely ;)

That's a nice coin! Looks like the copper leached out over the silver possibly? Congrats!

Yea, weird to see. Same happened on my peace dollar. Thanks for the nice comments!

Awesome find, RRF, and well worth the “exercise”! My exercise hasn’t been nearly so productive! The brown coloring sure is unique - I agree that the phase 1 clean up shot looks pretty interesting. I’d be tempted to leave that way, too - the cool patina adds character and tells a story about its history!

Back
Top Bottom