Garrett goes above and beyond

Magicmantx

I sent an email to Garrett about my issue with my headphones not working, really just curious to see what they would say. Figureing since they are basically shut down like everyone else I really didnt even expect a response. To my surprise I was contacted back within a few hours with a few basic questions such as serial number and if I knew my date of purchase . I responded with the answers and they got right back again informing me that because of the shelter in place issue it would probably be next week or so before they could ship out a replacement set and call tag for me to return my defective headphones even appologizing for the delay. I was really surprised since my detector is 3 months out of warranty coverage. I had always heard they really stand behind their products but now I'm a real believer. I was looking into upgrading to a new machine before long and no question now who I'll be supporting . Remember when your looking to buy equipment to support those who support you. Based in Garland Texas USA . I know when people are looking at buying a new detector price is always a main consideration but it's harder all the time to even find American made products not to metion from a company that truely cares . It would have been very easy for them to say sorry your out of warranty and I would have accepted that answer. Kudos to Garrett.

I like Garret products and their customer service.

Agree about prices too.

I got my first detector from KellyCo.

Others I spoke with wanted more, or the same price.

They treated me right too.

Used to be a lot of KellyCo bashing on this site, but haven't seen any lately.

To my surprise even though they told me it might be awhile my replacement headphone showed up yesterday. i was really surprised. Plugged them in and all is well again. Can't say enough how great Garrett is. when I'm ready for a diffrent detector I won't even consider any other company. Thank You Garrett.

To my surprise even though they told me it might be awhile my replacement headphone showed up yesterday. i was really surprised. Plugged them in and all is well again. Can't say enough how great Garrett is. when I'm ready for a diffrent detector I won't even consider any other company. Thank You Garrett.

Just curious, which headphones were they, the MS-2's? I only ask because my headphones are only a couple months old and I'm having some issues with static, and sometimes the volume cuts out completely. I'm wondering if this is a common issue with the new headphones. I have dealt with garrett many times before, and they have hooked me up. Might have to contact them again, thanks for sharing!

Although I never owned a Garrett, they are good people. Many years ago when I lived in Texas, the Mr. Garrett would frequently attend our Club meetings. He was a very generous man and very active within the detecting community.

yes they were the Ms2 My serial number shows it was manufactured in 2017. Mine worked fine the last time I used them. I hadnt used my equipment in about 4 months and when I hooked them up they didnt work at all. I tried my waterproof headset and those worked fine.

So a little update since this post was over 2 years ago. I used the replacements 2-3 times maybe a couple hours or so each time but haven't used them alot. Then when I got them out to use again they will come on and work 10-15 minutes and then shut off . I contacted Garrett but obviously they are out of warranty so I just use my waterproof headphones now. I guess these just are prone to issues.

Back
Top Bottom