Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Gauntlet's Avatar
Gauntlet Gauntlet is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 3,165
Default Dear Diary

Been a while....

A couple of my last posts were regarding my neighbor (the window licker known as Captain Underpants), and my home gym (well, barn gym).

Many times I may not go anywhere for a week at a time, so I'm not up on all the happenings in the "hood". A couple months ago I left to make a grocery run, and low and behold, the Captain's FEMA trailer is gone, as is his 3 beater vehicles, 2 boats, 3 dogs, assorted coolers, trailers, and even an old toilet.

I'd come to find-out he bought another property further back in the "hood", I guess he felt a little too exposed as he laid out in the yard passed-out at 8 AM. It wasn't long before he'd spent a week in jail, after proceeding to knock all the windows out of his girlfriends car. Evidently he's bipolar, on top of being a drunk. He's a bit younger than me, probably pushing 50? His parents send him money money monthly, I'm assuming to keep him living far away from them

He paid $4500 for the lot next to me, as I was offered the same deal. He was asking $30k for it It was completely wooded, now there's 2-3 trees left standing.

I know everyone nearby is glad he's gone. Even the guy from the power company had heard about him. Mentioned it to me as they were here to disconnect the power, so CU could take his power pole to his new slice of heaven.....where he'd been living for about 6 weeks with no power or water. Neighbor saw him next door hosing-off with the spigot after his release from jail.

He'd evidently threatened to kill another neighbor, and "supposedly" shots were exchanged. He'd threatened me once, and I laughed at him, and explained how I seriously doubted his threat would go the way he'd intended. He stayed clear of me after that. I guess the other neighbor is less intimidating

Been working on the barn some more, ,inside, studding and sheeting the walls after insulating. 6 more sheets to go and it'll be done.









100 gal Bait tank ready for 10-15 pounds of minnows, one it cools down a bit more. Then it'll be a trip to AR to the fish farm.



As far as the exercise, haven't touched tobacco since quitting mid May. I was 225 then, now weigh in at 200-202...under 20% bodyfat (started in upper 20's), and haven't missed a workout. I've popped a few veins in the process



Along with the 100* temps.....I was glad to see Captain Underpants go.

__________________
Tesoro (Detector of the Master Race): Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola with GB mod, and Compadre (with coil swap and 3-D mods).
Fisher: 1265X

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 10-19-2018, 05:17 PM
bbqfreak's Avatar
bbqfreak bbqfreak is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: east central ohio
Posts: 89
Default

mmmmm smoker fridge and tv....thats all you need lol

__________________
Nox 800
Pro find 35

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 10-19-2018, 05:44 PM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 11,128
Default

... Capt Underpants seems to have Life figured out pretty good! You should probably take notes and attempt to pattern his successful system and apply it to your own tragic Life?

I bet Capt Underpants dont hurt himself lifting weights or have a fancy minnow tank either? Plus, He's a real estate speculator! Living with no power for 6 weeks! Busting out of jail and hosing the stink off in the neighbors yard! Thats Daniel Boone material right there!! I think this guy is my new role model!

BTW..whats the deal with that coccamamie PVC Menora Trident looking thing just to the right of the Naugahyde bar in pic 3? to the right of the Crappie rod holders and just below the orange Home Depot pail or Gatorade tank? Please tell me you didnt build that! And if you did, for what reason? Is is some sort of pneumatic powered cricket or worm dispenser? laughing:

Love the Southern 2X4 scissor truss rafters though!.....4 foot on center!....You overbuilt didnt ya! You coulda gone flat top but a 4 pitch keeps the pine needles off!

OK..I see..thats not a bar at all! Thats the back of your fishing boat!..I see the motor tipped up...At first glance I thought it was the top of your head and you were taking a selfie!...my bad..still..whats the deal with that goofy PVC Menora thingy?


By God though! You sure threw the left over 2X4 cut off lumber to the walls right? Just hammered the verticals in there any which a way! Well yeah! I do the same thing! Who cares? Once a guy slaps on the interior paneling, Nobody will ever see it! That looks like T-111 even! For the interiors! So yeah, $30 bucks per sheet! Nice Job Gauntlet!

Maybe I should just jump in Rosie and drive on down to check this Gauntlet out? I find you quite an interesting and a talented rare Human Bean!..Not attracted to you sectually in the slightest mind you, so you got nothing to worry about, or your hopes are dashed...

I'm more intrigued like Darwin would a find a monkey or a bug.... I am sectually attracted to your boat however....especially if Shes a nubile handler and fresh model 4 stroke!

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.


Last edited by Mud-puppy; 10-19-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 10-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Gauntlet's Avatar
Gauntlet Gauntlet is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 3,165
Default

Originally Posted by bbqfreak View post
mmmmm smoker fridge and tv....thats all you need lol
And there's usually meat, fish, and beer in the fridge and freezer.

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
... Capt Underpants seems to have Life figured out pretty good! You should probably take notes and attempt to pattern his successful system and apply it to your own tragic Life?
I don't think I have enough years left, to kill enough brain cells to get to his level.

If they've made it this far, they won't go without a fight........

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
I bet Capt Underpants dont hurt himself lifting weights or have a fancy minnow tank either? Plus, He's a real estate speculator! Living with no power for 6 weeks! Busting out of jail and hosing the stink off in the neighbors yard! Thats Daniel Boone material right there!! I think this guy is my new role model!
He'a a piece of........work alright. Sometimes I just wonder, what happens in some peoples lives to make them so worthless.

He's an oxygen thief.

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
BTW..whats the deal with that coccamamie PVC Menora Trident looking thing just to the right of the Naugahyde bar in pic 3? to the right of the Crappie rod holders and just below the orange Home Depot pail or Gatorade tank? Please tell me you didnt build that! And if you did, for what reason? Is is some sort of pneumatic powered cricket or worm dispenser? laughing:
Rod holders, 14' rods break easy, so I like to keep them tidy.



Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Love the Southern 2X4 scissor truss rafters though!.....4 foot on center!....You overbuilt didnt ya! You coulda gone flat top but a 4 pitch keeps the pine needles off!
Overkill is underrated IIRC, I believe it's actually a 5/12 (could be wrong though). Funny thing, people here never clean the debris off their roofs. I've seen piles of leaves and pine needles that have rotted clean through a roof.

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
OK..I see..thats not a bar at all! Thats the back of your fishing boat!..I see the motor tipped up...At first glance I thought it was the top of your head and you were taking a selfie!...my bad..still..whats the deal with that goofy PVC Menora thingy?



Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
By God though! You sure threw the left over 2X4 cut off lumber to the walls right? Just hammered the verticals in there any which a way! Well yeah! I do the same thing! Who cares? Once a guy slaps on the interior paneling, Nobody will ever see it! That looks like T-111 even! For the interiors! So yeah, $30 bucks per sheet! Nice Job Gauntlet!
lol....no goober. Horizontals required for vertical exterior siding. After metal went up, I insulated (1") between the horizontal 2x4s. The verticals are 16" o/c 2x3s, which brought the interior flush with the 2x4s for interior panels.

Bath/laundry were done in T1-11 ($35/sheet here), barn is some sort of composite, $25/sheet. Barn paint $12/gal SprawlMart.

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Maybe I should just jump in Rosie and drive on down to check this Gauntlet out? I find you quite an interesting and a talented rare Human Bean!..Not attracted to you sectually in the slightest mind you, so you got nothing to worry about, or your hopes are dashed...
Big tease! You know I'm vulnerable now that the Cap'n's gone........

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
I'm more intrigued like Darwin would a find a monkey or a bug.... I am sectually attracted to your boat however....especially if Shes a nubile handler and fresh model 4 stroke!
Here's the before:









Built my own center console







Dolled-up the trailer too

















Now its 22'6" of crappie catchin' goodness.





I ain't got Mud money.....so it's a 2 cycle smokin' 150 Johnson. It'll still hit 40 on GPS. 112 pound thrust 36v Minn-Kota Terrova, a Hummingbird on the console and front deck with Lakemaster map card

__________________
Tesoro (Detector of the Master Race): Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola with GB mod, and Compadre (with coil swap and 3-D mods).
Fisher: 1265X

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

Reply With Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.