2 Bucket Listers!!!!

kreagerm

Elite Member
Had a great hunt last weekend. My first Seated Quarter and Copper (toasted though). We also found 4 wheats, 1 fatty and 3 dated 1864. The civil war Zouave button is a nice find as well. Can't wait to go back in a couple weeks. If you're bored and you want to watch my video that would be awesome. https://youtu.be/FaTxJ-PxhL0

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_3479.jpg
    IMG_3479.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 384
Hubba Hubba, great finds!
I found that same exact star button last year, is that the civil war button?
What does yours say on teh back?

Attachments

• 9-13-15 tombac.jpg
    9-13-15 tombac.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 9-13-15 tombac 2.jpg
    9-13-15 tombac 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 330
Hubba Hubba, great finds!
I found that same exact star button last year, is that the civil war button?
What does yours say on teh back?

The civil war button is the round button also known as a Zouave or cadet button. My small cuff button says "color" on the back. Probably more on the opposite side of the post.

Attachments

• IMG_3432.jpg
    IMG_3432.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 302
Wow Kreagerm .. I would have been driving home with a major smile on my face after that hunt , seated and a fatty Indian and the rest in one hunt is mindblowing to me.
Congradulations ,
Dew

Wow Kreagerm .. I would have been driving home with a major smile on my face after that hunt , seated and a fatty Indian and the rest in one hunt is mindblowing to me.
Congradulations ,
Dew

Thank You, trust me I was. I'm pretty sure my hunting buddies were ready to leave me on the side of the road lol

At the risk of hijacking your thread, I wanted to share a brief passage about the Zouave button you found and how it relates to my finds in Wisconsin. I have found a couple of those buttons and this helps tie it together!

From Wikipedia:

Zouaves gradually vanished from the U.S. military in the 1870s and 1880s, as the militia system slowly transformed into the National Guard. As an example, the Wisconsin militia still included one zouave unit in 1879. Unfortunately, the following year, in 1880, a standard Wisconsin Guard uniform was adopted, and the traditional distinctions of title and dress ceased.[37] After the Civil War, veteran groups sometimes dressed as zouaves during honor guard ceremonies such as funeral processions, since zouave dress was considered colorful and distinctive. Modern American Civil War reenactments often feature zouave units.[38]

At the risk of hijacking your thread, I wanted to share a brief passage about the Zouave button you found and how it relates to my finds in Wisconsin. I have found a couple of those buttons and this helps tie it together!

From Wikipedia:

Zouaves gradually vanished from the U.S. military in the 1870s and 1880s, as the militia system slowly transformed into the National Guard. As an example, the Wisconsin militia still included one zouave unit in 1879. Unfortunately, the following year, in 1880, a standard Wisconsin Guard uniform was adopted, and the traditional distinctions of title and dress ceased.[37] After the Civil War, veteran groups sometimes dressed as zouaves during honor guard ceremonies such as funeral processions, since zouave dress was considered colorful and distinctive. Modern American Civil War reenactments often feature zouave units.[38]

Cool, Thanks so much. The history of the area was the formation of the 1st MD eastern shore regiment was formed right from the next town over. Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom