Daytona beach area?

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
So with the weather we've been having in the Northeast, I'm really needing to get out of here and find some warmth. Today I was talking to some friends who are heading to Deland Fla. area for a few months to stay in a home they own there. They informed me that they need some plumbing work done. I will have a place to stay, and will probably stay for about a week. It seems like a great opportunity to get outta this frozen tundra for awhile, help out my friends, and get in some MDing. Would really appreciate some help in finding some places to detect in this area. I understand they are about 30 miles west of Daytona. I will be bringing the Excal and my MXT. So I will be up for beach or dirt hunting. Any help would be much appreciated. (Feel free to PM me also) Thanks everyone, as I'm really looking forward to this trip......Curt:grin:

So with the weather we've been having in the Northeast, I'm really needing to get out of here and find some warmth. Today I was talking to some friends who are heading to Deland Fla. area for a few months to stay in a home they own there. They informed me that they need some plumbing work done. I will have a place to stay, and will probably stay for about a week. It seems like a great opportunity to get outta this frozen tundra for awhile, help out my friends, and get in some MDing. Would really appreciate some help in finding some places to detect in this area. I understand they are about 30 miles west of Daytona. I will be bringing the Excal and my MXT. So I will be up for beach or dirt hunting. Any help would be much appreciated. (Feel free to PM me also) Thanks everyone, as I'm really looking forward to this trip......Curt:grin:

Its going to be beautiful this coming week... we are supposed to get up to the mid 30's later in the week and with minus tides of -1.35, -1.50, -1.48 and -1.30 will be the lowest tides of the year from what I have seen... cold or not I am going hunting... I may even take a spin in the 34 degree water :lol:

Its going to be beautiful this coming week... we are supposed to get up to the mid 30's later in the week and with minus tides of -1.35, -1.50, -1.48 and -1.30 will be the lowest tides of the year from what I have seen... cold or not I am going hunting... I may even take a spin in the 34 degree water :lol:

I'll probably be down to see you before I head to Fla. Gotta get in some practice.........:D (I have to get my waders first. Santa didn't come through for me)

Curt I only go to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure if my junk vehicles can make it that far anymore? Hopefully someone can help you out. If it wasn't sanded in I might drive that far. But it is probably gonna be tough hunting down there. The drive on beach look for erosion or low spots. Lots of detectorists down that way. If you don't see anyone detecting it may be a long day.

I'll probably be down to see you before I head to Fla. Gotta get in some practice.........:D (I have to get my waders first. Santa didn't come through for me)

You have your own business... buy your own :laughing:

Curt I only go to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure if my junk vehicles can make it that far anymore? Hopefully someone can help you out. If it wasn't sanded in I might drive that far. But it is probably gonna be tough hunting down there. The drive on beach look for erosion or low spots. Lots of detectorists down that way. If you don't see anyone detecting it may be a long day.

Are you North of there? I am willing to travel. After all, I'm driving 22 hrs just to get down there......:lol:

Daytona is sanded in, all of the coast down here is.... When are ya comin down? I can head over that way, not too far for me. low 70's here today... Stop by and see the for in St. Augustine if ya can find the time...

yes, conditions are very sanded in; however, Daytona gets a lot of tourist traffic so there is always a potential for fresh drops.

Thanks for all the input guys,(and the PM's). I'm sure I'll find somewhere to hunt. Even if I have to drive over to the Gulf side. Just being able to hunt will be nice. It's 2 degrees at my house right now. We had over 8 inches of snow last night.........:shock:

Good luck

Curt if it's all sanded in, hit the dry sand with the whites , Ps I know what you mean, getting house board, in this cold weather happy hunting Earl

Are you here yet? I may be over there on Friday or next week, DOn't know if you want to hunt with a woman using a Viper, though. Good chance I'll embarrass you. :?:

Are you here yet? I may be over there on Friday or next week, DOn't know if you want to hunt with a woman using a Viper, though. Good chance I'll embarrass you. :?:

I won't be down there til late Feb.-early March. I would hunt with you, don't care what machine you use, I am not easily embarrassed. Humbled maybe, but not embarrassed.....:yes:

Is there anywhere in the Daytona area that is off limits to water detecting? Or Cocoa beach? Thanks......:grin:

I came into Florida this past Saturday. Leaving on Thursday. Staying in Kissimmee. Couldn't ask for better weather. I'd rather be sanded in here then snowed in back home. This is our weather for the week.
IMG_20140216_115451_386_zps8rfaznoz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom