Long day at the park, 150+ coins

bud-skywalker

I took a little trip to a local park that is BIG, I don't think I scratched 1% of it in the 7 hours I put in today (LONG hunt, gotta take my hour lunch;))

There was a ton of trash so I used discrimination, this was about coinshooting today, less nickels... the two I got were in pocket spills!

While I was hunting a guy approached me that was fascinated with the hobby, then he said I could come detect his house built in the 1800's across the street. I get over there and he has remodelers bricking the WHOLE YARD!!

He said man these guys move fast, they just had the whole underside of the porch exposed... not anymore:facepalm:

Anyway finished the day hunting sidewalk strips, but no silver today... 3 wheats though.

O yea, broke a clad record today at 12.93 and got my first half, first bicentennial Quarter, Copper Ring, Lucky Penny, A taboo token, Mardi Gras doubloon, and a pulltab that rang up like a silver dime:?:Metal, metal...

Yall enjoy

Hunt10-14-11.jpg

Clad10-14-11.jpg

Nice finds! You cleaned up on the coins. Quick question - is that one thing laying down right below the pile of coins, to the left of the lucky penny in the pic, a bullet casing? If so, what is the caliber?

Doug

Man that's quite a haul for one outing. Too bad about the 1800s house property. Why not ask him if his neighbors would be open to letting you hunt their property? Hate to miss an opportunity like that. :please:

That's a whole lot of digging. Congrats on the high clad count. Sorry to hear about that yard getting bricked over. You gave it the college try though. Sounds like you had a great day.

Nice finds! You cleaned up on the coins. Quick question - is that one thing laying down right below the pile of coins, to the left of the lucky penny in the pic, a bullet casing? If so, what is the caliber?

Doug

Doug, the item in the picture is just a piece of copper pipe stood on end, although I wish it was some rare 8 guage shell...

Forearms tired?

How did you guess, actually the center of the palm of my hand is red and sore from all that pressing down, and my index finger has a raw spot that lines right up with my digging tool

nice haul.. man that much digging I would need some pain pills for sure.. congrats on the clad record too...

Yea, that picture dosen't have the 30+ aluminum twist off bottle caps that tricked me or some other random junk that got disposed of immediately.

I definately enjoyed a cold one that night:lol:

How do you tell the difference between the copper pennies and the Zincolns? sorry for the dumb question but I have just started detecting and alot of this is new to me. Thanks

How do you tell the difference between the copper pennies and the Zincolns? sorry for the dumb question but I have just started detecting and alot of this is new to me. Thanks

Zincolns were minted from 1983 to present. The US Mint switched to zinc as the primary metal in the penny due the price of copper going up. Currently, a pre-1983 penny is worth a bit more than 1 cent.

Zincolns were minted from 1983 to present. The US Mint switched to zinc as the primary metal in the penny due the price of copper going up. Currently, a pre-1983 penny is worth a bit more than 1 cent.

I will add this... the year 1982 was actually a switch-off year in which both copper coated zinc pennys were minted, and the full coppers.

In my area I see more full coppers but you still have to use your judgement, a dug Zincoln is usually not pretty:lol:

Back
Top Bottom