Twelve year-old battery finally gets weak

Ed in KC

Forum Supporter
I picked up my brand new F-150 pickup in early May of 1998, and the original battery has lasted all these years. It had become a contest with me, just to see how long the battery would last, and last night it finally had a long drawn-out pause when I started it, not dead, just weak, so I put a new battery in it today. That's the longest lasting battery that I've ever had.

I picked up my brand new F-150 pickup in early May of 1998, and the original battery has lasted all these years. It had become a contest with me, just to see how long the battery would last, and last night it finally had a long drawn-out pause when I started it, not dead, just weak, so I put a new battery in it today. That's the longest lasting battery that I've ever had.

You should contact the manufacturer and maybe they'll use your story and get paid too.

I have a 99 F-150. In 2007 I put my first battery in it. I now have 215,000 miles on the truck, and it still looks good, and is going strong. Uses a quart of oil maybe every 2000 miles or so. And I'm one that never went for the "you need to change your oil every 3000 miles thing". I have always changed oil in that truck every 5000 miles, and it hadn't hurt my engine.

I have a 99 F-150. In 2007 I put my first battery in it. I now have 215,000 miles on the truck, and it still looks good, and is going strong. Uses a quart of oil maybe every 2000 miles or so. And I'm one that never went for the "you need to change your oil every 3000 miles thing". I have always changed oil in that truck every 5000 miles, and it hadn't hurt my engine.
That's pretty good battery life too.

I've only got about 45,000 miles on my truck, but it's getting some rust under the doors. I've always ran pure synthetic, so only change the oil once a year.

Back
Top Bottom