My ACE 250 Book Preview

devros

Elite Member
I have been working on a ACE 250 book. I have seen many other books about other detectors, but nothing on the simpler units, so I have started writing a book about the Garrett ACE 250. It is still in progress and still messy and what not, but I thought I would give you guys a preview. I would like for you to give it a read, but remember please that it's not done, and still our of sorts if you will, but just give what I have a read. Please send me your reviews to my email address at [email protected], also please remember that I don't' take criticism very well sometimes. So please be gentle or word it as if you were talking to a 10 year old that is very proud of what he has created.

Thanks to everyone that gave photos for this project. When ready those that did contribute will get a free copy.

Here's the link check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.michiganmetaldetecting.net/YouandyourAce250.pdf

I thought it gave plenty to get you started with the ace 250 and good all around info on Metal detecting

Good job! I wish I had the time to write a book as well. I particularly liked the last chapter. :roll:

Thanks to all, but if you really do have something bad so say it's ok to say it. But I do think that it's off to a good start. I can't wait to see it done. I have been working on what I have for awhile now, and I don't know how long it will take to finish, but I believe it will be well worth it.

The Introduction Picture on this Book would seem appealing to have older coins as the backdrop behind the Ace. I am sure on request Forum members with Photoshop skills can design one for you. Just be nice to see IHs, Buffs, Wheats and a Gold Coin or two in the Picture.

That let alone catches the eye more I would believe then modern clad. Just a thought :)

I am not sure if you Covered this Aspect of the Ace yet...... But I have read Beach Hunters when using the Ace...... When the object is Pinpointed they press the coil on the sand. It makes a impression of the Coil of where to dig.

Very nice. Maybe after you have it printed you should approach Garrett about purchasing a large number so they can include a copy with each machine they sell. All they can say is no. They might go for it.

OT

Forgot to mention this, but you might want to say how important it is to read the local paper wherever you are, most available online for free. Look for stories about parks being redone, side walk tear outs, new pipes being laid, water level being dropped at the lake for dam repairs, etc....

The Introduction Picture on this Book would seem appealing to have older coins as the backdrop behind the Ace. I am sure on request Forum members with Photoshop skills can design one for you. Just be nice to see IHs, Buffs, Wheats and a Gold Coin or two in the Picture.

That let alone catches the eye more I would believe then modern clad. Just a thought :)
I am a web site designer, I am still working on the cover, it's more of a place holder if you will. I still have a lot of work to do still, but I will make a really killer cover for sure. So nice of a cover that you will want to buy the book so that you can have the cover.

Looks great and is going to be a great book and I like the way its easy to understand . Its going to be a easy book for new people to understand . Very nice will sure want one when there available .

Harold

If you plan on selling your book online as a download, I recommend e-junkie.com. $5 per month, set it up once and forget it. Secure downloads automatic after receiving your payment via PayPal. You can also set up affiliate program for others to sell your book for a percentage.

Upena, good advice! I wish more stuff was available for download, it's a pain to get stuff shipped, and when i want it i'd love to have it NOW!

Thank you to everyone, I would like to let everyone know that it's all you that has inspired me to take on this project. I do know however that it will take some time to complete this book but in the end I think that it will be a great thing. Thanks again to all of you.

Back
Top Bottom