2013 D Penny Rolls

I coin roll hunt and I usually don't start seeing the current year until sometime in March or April. 2012, and 2011 both stared showing up in rolls around that time. I imagine the same will hold true for 2013 in my area.

I coin roll hunt and I usually don't start seeing the current year until sometime in March or April. 2012, and 2011 both stared showing up in rolls around that time. I imagine the same will hold true for 2013 in my area.

Cool. Let me know if you get any. The first time I saw a 2012 roll was late last year. Maybe September. And I have gotten $3 in rolls from 2012 this year. Hope the same happens for 2013. Who knows maybe you can sell them for $3 each.

Yeah, I'm still getting the occassional box of 2012's. Even got a box of 2011's as late as last October.

OK...Indulge a CRH idjit for a second here...but, what is the significance or value of a 2013 penny or roll? I never thought of looking at a current year before.

There is a possiblity of full proof sets for the most part.

But the way most guys do it is find them real early in the year and sell the rolls, because like this, no one else can really find them. Mostly collectors want them early on.

Well I saw on ebay a lot of 4 proof pennies. 2011-2013. So I hope they do have full proof sets soon. A new Design for the Nickel would be cool. There has only been 4 different designs so for for the nickel not counting the Three cent nickels.

Well I saw on ebay a lot of 4 proof pennies. 2011-2013. So I hope they do have full proof sets soon. A new Design for the Nickel would be cool. There has only been 4 different designs so for for the nickel not counting the Three cent nickels.

I count more than that. There have been three different portraits on the Jefferson Nickel and fiive different reverses on the Jefferson Nickel. This doesn't count the shield, 'V' or buffalo nickels.

Doug

I count more than that. There have been three different portraits on the Jefferson Nickel and fiive different reverses on the Jefferson Nickel. This doesn't count the shield, 'V' or buffalo nickels.

Doug

I go by this page.

To me different portraits don't matter because it is still the Jefferson nickel.

I guess you can count the Half Dime coins as well. Because those are basically 5 cents as well.

Half Dimes- 4 Different Designs

Nickel- 4 Different Designs

The Half Dime is basically the nickel but the government didn't call it the nickel. On the Capped Bust Half Dollar they even put 5 C. for 5 Cents.

I just got $100 of pennies to hunt and all 4 boxes were 2013 D zincons! I had a feeling the boxes were too light when I was able to carry them all out of the bank at once. I guess we should kill the penny, but I would like to hoard up some more copper first.

I just got $100 of pennies to hunt and all 4 boxes were 2013 D zincons! I had a feeling the boxes were too light when I was able to carry them all out of the bank at once. I guess we should kill the penny, but I would like to hoard up some more copper first.

Wow. I would just start asking bank tellers if they have old looking rolls.

Back
Top Bottom