The King is going to try.....

:lol::laughing::lol::laughing: You guys! KT ran through $200 of them last night and not a hit....but this morning after breakfast and before coming to work, KT thought...try another $100 right quick...talking to the Queen, listening to the news and as He pulled the last coin to look at it...a hit! a 1968 40%er staring back at me! LOL So...at least KT was not skunked with this first box! Will run the remaining $200 when He gets back to the Castle this evening. Might even run the entire other $500 box tonite!

The more KT thinks about this...this is like running a lotto ticket! Small odds, decent payback, but NO RISK! The Queen was even impressed...KT jumped off the couch and did a Royal Happy Dance! :egyptian::thumbsup:

Final total -- one 40 % 1968 D out of 2000 halves examined. At first glance, one might be disappointed, but for KT...this is the best silver He has recovered since joining the Forum....The hunt took less than 2 1/2 hours and KT was not blanked!

Will be turning the $200 bags in this coming week and put the money into another 2 $500 boxes. At least KT got a decent silver coin to start off the year! :lol::lol:

Enjoy the pics...first is the 2000 halves and the 2nd and 3rd are the find!

Attachments

• Halves bagged and one find 01 06 2012.jpg
    Halves bagged and one find 01 06 2012.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 215
  • CRH find 01 06 2012 40 % Ag obverse.JPG
    CRH find 01 06 2012 40 % Ag obverse.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 293
  • CRH find 01 06 2012 40 % Ag reverse.JPG
    CRH find 01 06 2012 40 % Ag reverse.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 290
wow.. that looks like a proof..

I'm posting my pics now too:P

LOL proof that year if made would be an S mint! But it does look nice as KT cleaned with a paste made of baking soda and water..just rubbed between the thumb and fingers for about a minute...when soda paste turned dark then rinsed and patted dry!

Now you know the rest of the story...

Well, this is not the end to this story quite yet! Yesterday KT went by the other branch bank to drop off $400 of the searched halves. Dumped them in the coin machine and followed the instructions...it began to whir, click and count...standing there watching the total on the screen mount up...suddenly the machine starts this dance...like a washing machine out of balance....standing there trying to read the screen as the machine bumped around...after about 10 seconds it goes back to its normal sounds of whirring, clicking, and continues counting. Then stops...KT looks at the screen ...it says: $402.95 ! :?::?: Spits out the paper record for me...KT looks at it and it shows...$400 in halves, 2 $1 coins, 3 quarters, and 2 dimes!

Only thing KT can figure is when He dumped in that 800 halves...it caused the machine to vibrate in a different manner and shake out some coins that were hung up in it!

KT took the extra profit and gave it to the Queen last night since She was the investor in His Royal CRHing efforts! She also got her $400 back for Him to purchase some additional rolls next week!

Cannot wait to go by and dump the remaining $600 in that machine! LOL Kinda like playing the slots! :laughing::laughing:

The $600 half coin dump....

OK now this is just unbelievable!

KT goes by and dumps the remaining $600 in halves just before lunch today in his bank's coin machine. It whirrs...clicks...counts and then shuts off at about $84.00 and the screen says please get attendant...so here comes the teller...opens machine...KT tells him, Hope I did not break it! He says, Nope, not broken just some bags are full. WHEW :coolinoff: KT is thinking.

So he hangs a couple of new bags...halves and quarters...and restarts machine...Teller is dumping my coins in faster than The King! Cannot believe how fast this machine counts coins...anywho, in about a minute KT finishes up and looks at the total on the screen...

This thing is a regular slot machine! For $600 in halves, it pays off $605.60! The slip comes out and lists the coins...$$599 in halves (1 short since KT found 1 keeper), 5 $1 coins, 2 quarters and 2 nickels! BINGO! KT takes the slip over to make notes from it and ponder this marvelous mystery, and the teller comes back and is messing with the machine...then he gives me 2 halves..he says, Here, these halves were rejects. I look at them....just a 71 and a bicentennial...not silver...and KT thinks to ask him, Where is the reject bin on the machine?...and he answers, Oh, its internal. I figured with that many halves there might be a couple of rejects!

Unbelieveable now....Last dump KT got $2.95 extra and this time $5.60 extra...heck! That's more value than the one 40%er KT found! And got 2 more halves back! total straight cash from the banks "slot machine" is $9.55, about the value of a 90% silver half! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It is truly "Good to be The King!" :laughing::laughing: :gettinmoney:

You are indeed the Imperial Coin Emperor!

Who would have thought of all those "lost" coins, hung in the innards of the coin counters; methinks I'll have to give the machine a little bump or two when I'm depositing smaller coins (more to the budget of my servant's pay) and see what happens.

(I can just picture the coin machine rocking like an unbalanced washing machine - LMAO!!!)

Cheers,
TB

KT decided to do this because of His miserable silver coin total for 2011...only 2...but of course, what should KT expect being a totlot hunter! :lol::lol: So to keep his sense of humor and to try to build a silver coin cache...this seems the easiest way to do it, sitting around the home fire of the Castle, watching some football on the big screen, drinking some nog or grog, and CRHing! Definitely will be more inviting that trying to dig through some frozen wood chips! :laughing::laughing:

The easiest way would be to take your clad money to the coin shop and buy some silver coins but I guess you could not count that as treasure hunting :lol:
Good luck with the CRH... hope it works out for you.

The easiest way would be to take your clad money to the coin shop and buy some silver coins but I guess you could not count that as treasure hunting :lol:
Good luck with the CRH... hope it works out for you.

The King agrees! However, this past year's take has allowed KT to pay for all his equipment to date...that's how it was spent, putting it back into the hobby supplies. Hopefully now KT will be able to continually gain on the "bank slot machine" AND add some silver to the Royal Horde by CRHing and perhaps finding a few silver coins in 2012 also!

Back
Top Bottom