Hi,I'm new to this

Will320

Hi, my name is bill, I'm new to forum and to metal detecting, I'm from shavertown, pa. Any advice for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Plenty of members glad to answer any questions you have !

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Hi welcome! @ GKL my sister lives in chesterfield sc. nice town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from SW WI.

Dig all you can listen to your machine. Get your feet wet.

When you get frustrated come back here for more help.

Last edited:
Hi!
I'm still new too...but this helped.
Take your time.
Get the best detector you can afford...I loved my F44 when I started.
Toss some coins on the ground before you start, look at the VDI and listen to the tones.
Dig everything at first, take a guess before you dig. "I'm pretty sure this is a pull tab"
I started to dig at newer parks Fields where there were less junk and softer ground.
Get a GOOD pin-pointer (Garret Carrot).
Get a GOOD digger...but a cheap Fiskar can work OK but my Whites Digger...Awesome,
The more you go out and dig the better it gets

Hi welcome! @ GKL my sister lives in chesterfield sc. nice town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey ugadigger !

I'm not familiar with chesterfield but smaller towns like the one I'm in are indeed nice, not much traffic, easy parking, low crime compared to the big city areas, and for the most part people are friendly, even strangers say hi around town sometimes.

complete your profile with type metal detector

put in your profile where you are from, type metal detectors you have and what type of hunting you will be doing.

go watch some youtube videos on the type of metal detector and type of hunting you are interested in.

then ask specific questions. Lots of people won't give you general beginners advice, because it takes too much time.

Do research, have fun, and dig as many targets as you can. The more targets you dig you will start making mental notes in your head and it will help you down the road.

Research is absolutely key to success, the easier it is to research the more likely it has been detected. For your first 1000 or so targets(yes a thousand) dig every single one of them so you understand what your detector is telling you.

Back
Top Bottom