Helpful Information about Gold

Thanks. Wish I knew about that page last week I had to look that stuff up when I found a gold ring for the first time. The biggest mistake I made was that I was weighing my finds in regular ounces rather than Troy, so it turns out they are worth slightly less than I thought (fortunately not too much less).

Detecting Gold : from El Nubio

Hi, I just joined yesterday. I haven't been prospecting/recovering yet. I do have a detector, a cheap one, but hey, it's better than nothing. It's a BH 1100 Discovery. It has the option to discriminate the iron out and the mid range, leaving only the silver/copper. How would I set this best, to detect gold in water? Will this pick up gold dust?
These are my questions, I hope you can help with this advice and I thank you for your time,
TTH

I don't know anything about the detector that you have, so I would advise that you search the forums to see if there is any information available. Things that I would look for are; start up & operations procedures, and if the unit is water proof! Good Luck...........

Back
Top Bottom