• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Magic DD coils by MGC Labs made in Russia

bigtim1973

Elite Member
I purchased one of the Magic coils for my Makro Racer 2 that is made by MGC Labs in Russia. It arrived today and for 99 bucks with a shipping price of 10 dollars I do not know how they can do it. It is a very good quality coil and comes with a scuff cover and mounting bolt.

Some of you may have heard of them already but I just found out about them myself.

It is not that I do not think that the Makro coils are not good enough but the Nokta/Makro coil I had my eye on cost $200.00. They are good quality coils too and I am happy with their products.

But for 1/2 of the price for a coil almost as large, I do not think I could pass it up without at least trying one out.

I have never used an NEL before. This is my first coil purchase by an after market company. I got an SEF coil for a Whites V3i in trade one time but I was not impressed with the combo on that machine.

However this is a different story with the Magic coil. I am very well pleased.

I put it on my Racer 2 and went out to an area that was a small civil war campsite on my property. I have not found anything out there in a long time because of the limitations of the stock coils on my metal detectors.

So today with the 13" Magic DD coil on my Racer 2, I started to slowly but surely find items again.

I dug a fired .36 caliber musket ball and another bullet that looks to be from a pistol. It too was also fired. In another part of my yard I dug a large .45 caliber style modern fired rifle bullet. It is the one in the center of the two smaller bullets. It was a good 6 inches or so down but I think I came across it by chance due to the larger size of the coil as I was walking out to the civil war camp area. Still though, it hit real hard on that one as well and pin pointed easily too.

The .36 caliber musket ball was about 10" down. I am very pleased at the performance combination of this coil with my Makro Racer 2.

They make several coils for different units. They even have one for the Garrett Ace 250 that changes the frequency. I asked them about other frequency coils and the availability of them for other units but was told that the Garrett Ace 250 is the only one that will allow this change.

They have been around for a couple of years and they told me they are trying to get off of the ground and that is part of the reason why the price is very reasonable.

If your looking for an aftermarket coil for any of your detectors, they may have one available. They are working on more at the moment. I asked if they had one for the Anfibio but was told not yet but maybe in the future.

I am very happy and will be keeping up with the company and see what pops up next.

Here are a few pictures of today with the coil side by side next to the stock coil on my Anfibio which is an 11" DD. You can see how much bigger the Magic 13" DD is compared to it.

So if you are a relic hunter or maybe you want to find some deeper coins at some old park or whatever, I do not think you could find a better deal at the moment on a brand new coil. The quality is very good and the coil itself is not heavy at all.

I primarily coin shoot but this set up on my racer I will use for relic hunting.

Anyways, thought I would share my new toy set up. HH, Tim

SV3OleE.jpg

bin2tyF.jpg

wHFGN7k.jpg

A848oP7.jpg

Great write up and congrats on the new coil. I have or had a magic coil and it worked very well. The only thing bad is it weighs more than others. As far as how do they do it? Well it's copper wire wrapped around a form. Dropped into a plastic cover and filled with epoxy. Another cover and a cord added, all done for cheap commie wages. Purely guessing $10-15?? They're making a damned good profit. There is no reason coils should cost any more than this. Amazon sold bounty hunter 10" concentric coils for $60 shipped. It doesn't cost any more to make a DD coil.

It is heavier but not by much. And yes....wire_ plastic and epoxy is not expensive but to know how to wire it correctly and all takes some know how. Yes Your right about thr price of coils. That is what has made me not buy a NEL type for years.

Great write up and congrats on the new coil. I have or had a magic coil and it worked very well. The only thing bad is it weighs more than others. As far as how do they do it? Well it's copper wire wrapped around a form. Dropped into a plastic cover and filled with epoxy. Another cover and a cord added, all done for cheap commie wages. Purely guessing $10-15?? They're making a damned good profit. There is no reason coils should cost any more than this. Amazon sold bounty hunter 10" concentric coils for $60 shipped. It doesn't cost any more to make a DD coil.

Back
Top Bottom