First good hunt of the year..... token and silver

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Did a quick hunt today on the way home from work. It was only my 3rd time out for the year since winter lasted until the end of April. First good find was the good luck token from the World's Fair of 1904 in St. Louis. Next find down the way was a 1955 Canadian dime that must have been 10" deep. The token was only 2 or 3 inches down surprisingly. Found a couple good old wheaties as well and a later wheatie. No frost in the ground to fight anymore [emoji16]
be64946f60a2561d87bc3eb3d7892531.jpg
81a03b715ca074cedee687a4147181d6.jpg
f4a28989cd054e7f7648c25f74518ba2.jpg
acaa1bb1fb8e5d7a7c0d68cf6e861ff2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice work. Those old tokens are always a great find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job and glad your ground is finally thawed. I went out yesterday hoping for some gold or silver. Almost came out with nothing but clad but got a 49 wheat as I was walking out.

Nice work. Those old tokens are always a great find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks jwp! It's been a while since I've been able to post anything. Hopefully I can get a good token count again this year! They're definitely my favorite thing to find.

Good job and glad your ground is finally thawed. I went out yesterday hoping for some gold or silver. Almost came out with nothing but clad but got a 49 wheat as I was walking out.
Thanks strat! I went detecting a couple weeks ago and there was still 4" of frost in the ground. It was nice to be able to bury my shovel in that dirt yesterday. Must have been all that "global warming" that Al Gore cries about that made our winter last so long 🤣

Glad to see you get out Tundra. Spring was a funny thing this year and it seemed for ever before all the grounds finally thawed. Congrats on the Silver Canadian Dime and all the rest. Trapper

Glad to see you get out Tundra. Spring was a funny thing this year and it seemed for ever before all the grounds finally thawed. Congrats on the Silver Canadian Dime and all the rest. Trapper
Thanks Jack! I had been chompin at the bit waiting to get out. Winter seemed like it wouldn't end.

Great work Tundra [emoji106]
Let the season begin.
Congradulations on the first silver of 2018 and all the goodies
Thanks Dew! It was actually my second silver for the year but silver nonetheless. My first was a run of the mill Rosie. Had to dig through a bit of frost to get it.

Congrats on your good hunt !!! The token is really cool. Really nice photos too!!
Thanks pescadore! My pics usually come out really nice if I have the right lighting in my truck. I figure there's no use in taking a picture of your finds if you can't tell what they are and say. Hopefully I'll be taking more photos again soon!

Wonderful foreign silver, plus early date Wheats are always nice in my book, too. But yeah, the token is the star of the show without question! That's a beauty!

Back
Top Bottom