My my how time flies.....

coin chaser

Forum Supporter
I was looking at my old threads and saw these. Seems like just yesterday I was making them.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=172158

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=184464

Well it's officially the 27th and her first birthday!!! It sure is amazing how fast they grow. From just a eating, sleeping, and pooping machine to a full blown daddy's little girl (first word was daddy!) in just one year. My son is some how 5 and I have no idea where those years went? It's all bitter sweet we are done having children with one of each. I see stages of his life for the first time for me and him and first times for her are last times for me to experience those firsts. This will be my last first birthday. I have already seen my last first tooth, first step, etc. It's like you wait for these exciting things to happen and when they do you are a little bummed because it means your little one is getting older. One of the best things in life is being a parent but yet very humbling. Beat wishes to all of you guys/girls and your families.

Happy 1 st and 19 Birthdays girls
Coin Chaser , best thing in life being a parent , humbling and now the scariest when they pass their drivers test ! Longing for the days of giving them a bottle and into the crib .
HH

It doesn't get easier.

When my daughter was small, I would come home from work and she would come running to meet me in the hallway. "Daddy, you are so glad to see me", she would say. And she was so right about that. Later, I would hold her in my lap and read to her till she got too tired to sit up. As she sat in my lap, she would twirl her fingers in my hair, and turn the pages of whatever book I was reading.
Then came that terrible day when she didn't run down the hall, didn't meet me at the door, didn't climb in my lap and want a story.
Now she is in her twenties, and those days seem like a very long time ago.
HH,
John Morton

I know, I can hardly believe I'm almost 20. I don't feel a day older than 14. :( NO, I don't want to get any older!

It's paradoxical, that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.

Andy Rooney

20..... man your just getting started, but don't blink because it really starts going fast after 20.

I just turned 40 and I'm at the point where I have more in common with 60 year olds than I do with 20 year olds. A guy I work with who is 60 told me.... 40... !!!!... that's still young. He then went on to tell me at 60 when you bend over to tie your shoelaces you look around to see what else you can do when your down there.:laughing: So I guess its all relative.

It's paradoxical, that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone.

Andy Rooney

20..... man your just getting started, but don't blink because it really starts going fast after 20.

I just turned 40 and I'm at the point where I have more in common with 60 year olds than I do with 20 year olds. A guy I work with who is 60 told me.... 40... !!!!... that's still young. He then went on to tell me at 60 when you bend over to tie your shoelaces you look around to see what else you can do when your down there.:laughing: So I guess its all relative.

Hahaha. It's after 18 when you start feeling old and everything comes crashing down and you become stressed out all the time. time flies by so fast it feels like yesterday was 2003 lol.

When my daughter was small, I would come home from work and she would come running to meet me in the hallway. "Daddy, you are so glad to see me", she would say. And she was so right about that. Later, I would hold her in my lap and read to her till she got too tired to sit up. As she sat in my lap, she would twirl her fingers in my hair, and turn the pages of whatever book I was reading.
Then came that terrible day when she didn't run down the hall, didn't meet me at the door, didn't climb in my lap and want a story.
Now she is in her twenties, and those days seem like a very long time ago.
HH,
John Morton

Yep , my daughter is 26 and I can barely get her on the phone anymore . They are definetly more fun when their younger . I'm feeling old .

Back
Top Bottom